Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spa gift basket ideas needed

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 734 Total Views

The kids & I are making spa gift baskets for the females on our gift giving list this Christmas (year, we're starting early). I'm needing ideas on what to include. I'm thinking of including

Homemade : bath bombs,  Body Wash, Spampoo, bath salts, & these fragrance things that you put on the shower floor when you shower (can't think what they're called)

Store bought (unless I can find a recipe): lotion & lip gloss (just for the two little girls)

I might also make or buy a few scented candles for each of the adult women, one of those sleep/relaxation masks, & maybe make a "Do not disturb" door hanger for the bathroom door.

Does that sound good or is there something else I should include, or possibly something I should leave out. I'm not giving the little girls candles b/c, while they're old enough to bathe by themself,  I feel they're a little too young to be using candles unsupervised.

I bought nice, Christmasy baskets on clearance last Dec.

by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccerjunki
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I love to get baskets like that! I adore a really nice, thick, plush wash cloth and /or towel. You could do those with a pretty candle..depending on your budget. Kids get a kick out of "themed" ones too. Those you can buy "here and there" as you have money and they are always appreciated.

Your idea sounds great..

oh yeah ..one more thing I thought of ...a nice relaxation CD..you can burn those for not much..and make a cute cd holder for it out of plain card stock.

HisSweetheart07
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I made heating pads (relaxation mats). It was really simple. just fold scrap fabric face/face - sew up the side and across the top (all but a tiny hole big enough for the end of a funnel).... then flip so the right side is showing now :)

Meanwhile - I put long grain rice in a large bowl and pour scented oils in the bowl - covered and shook the heck out of it... then let it sit for a day or so.

After about a day of the rice sitting - I use the funnel to start pouring in the rice till it's about 3/4 the way full.  Then I sew up the hole and then smush it out to make sure there's no other holes I may have missed.

Wrap with ribbon like a present and attach a card saying "microwave for 1 minute to heat"

Everyone loved them since I made variety of sizes (adjust time for size!!) but I made a few palm/hand size which were great for like elbow pains.... then a few that were long rectangular - great for neck pain, lower back.... 

You could get really creative and do different shapes - like star, heart, etc

COTwinMom
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM

a few things you can often find in the $1 bins are those theraputic masks that you tie around your eyes; foot scraper, nice washcloth, foot and/or hand lotion.  I posted a really easy sugar body scrub for a spa party I did on my blog here: http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com/2011/01/diy-peppermint-sugar-scrub.html

nanbon44
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I make Bath Baskets all the time.... I fill with Bath Bombs, Bath Salts, Bath Gel and Soaps all made by me... The Lotion Bars are great too.... Last year I gathered, folded  in half two wash cloths together tied with ribbon added beaded handle and put a bar of soap inside to make a washcloth purse. found it on the web..   sometimes I will add a candle, bath scrubby or wash cloth and hand towel... sometimes I also add a mug and tea and a novel. 

I think the bath baskets are always a great gift to give or receive...  I had my step daughter make them last year as gifts for her friends and family, we had so much fun making them... we put them in baskets and took colored netting to wrap them in and tied with a Christmas bow.   We also made Mugs with either Coffee, tea or hot chocolate and wrapped in the tulle for mailcarriers, teachers, co workers etc.

butterfly-jo
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM

i like everything you had on your list.  a bath scrubby is good too...maybe a towel (maybe embroider it, if you do that sorta thing).  um....other than that, i do pretty much the same stuff you were saying :)

swdesigns
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Congrats to you for starting so early!!   Most of my suggestions are already mentioned, but I was thinking maybe drawer sachets. 

MrsCrissyHall
by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I have recipes for lotion, but I don't have the recipes on me. I will post them for you tomorrow. =)

nanbon44
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM

looks like you are on the right track... we made bath baskets last year for my daughter and her kids to hand out as gifts..  for family and friends we did the large baskets filled with lotion bars, lip balm, bath salts, bath bombs, shower gels, and soaps all made from recipes found on line.. We also added a cup with teas or coffees, a bath scrubbie, candle and in some cases a paperback book.   For others on their gift list like teachers, mail carrier, hair dresser, and others we took a cup and filled with some tea, coffee or hot chocolate packs, added some wrapped cookies and wrapped.   We have been wrapping all the baskets in the netting or tulle you get at the fabric store.. Looks really good as it is colorful and you can still see whats inside... add a bow and it is a great presentation.

MrsCrissyHall
by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 3:21 PM

LipGloss
What you'll need:

1 tub petroleum jelly (vaseline)
1 pkg of kool-aid drink crystals - whatever flavour you want, or you can make a few
lip gloss containers
labels printed out on sticker paper
scissors or 1 inch paper punch

Directions:

1. put about 1 cup vaseline in a microwave safe bowl
2. heat the vaseline in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating. It took me about 7-8 minutes to melt each batch of vaseline. It will be liquid when it is fully melted. It will be very hot! Make sure you wear gloves or oven mitts and make sure children are being supervised.
3. take out of microwave and stir in kool-aid drink crystals until desired colour is reached - I used the whole package for each batch. Stir until the crystals are completely dissolved.
4. if starting to solidify you can heat again for another 30 seconds - skip this step if it is still liquidy
5. pour into your lip gloss containers and leave to solidify - a couple hours
6. repeat this whole process if making more flavours
7. print out labels on sticker paper
8. using either a 1 inch punch, or scissors, cut out the circle labels and attach to your lip gloss container
9. give to all your favourite people, but remember to save a few for yourself too!

Lotion:
Ingredients:

1 Beaten Egg Yolk
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Veg. Oil

Comine yolk and lemon juice, stir with a whisk, gradually add oils until mix thickens. If it is too thick add more lemon juice.

Add scented oils as you like.

BooksnBoys
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I really like the the lotion recipe from Soap Queen (http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/lotion/easy-whipped-shea-butter-2/).

I also like the inclusion of a bath scrubby of some sort.

Sounds like a fabulous gift!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)