Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carnival party ideas...

Posted by on May. 1, 2011 at 4:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 675 Total Views
My kids birthdays are March 20, 30 &April 1st. I was in the hospital having a major surgery to have a tumor & rib removed. So the poor babies had to miss their parties. I'm still recovering, but was thinking of having them a carnival themed party this summer to make up for not having one yet. This is the second time they've had to miss a party due to my health. So I really wasn't it to nbe special.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2011 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lolozig
by on May. 1, 2011 at 4:27 AM
Sorry stupid phone lol.... Anyway I really want it to be special. They are 3,5,&7. We got them new bikes for their b-days and massed them small cakes on the day. But as far as their friends & any of the family they haven't had a birthday party.

So I just thought I'd try to gather ideas for decorations, games, prizes, foods anything to make it special. Ifound a snowcone maker at a yardsale yesterday, so I think that would ber cool.

Any ideas??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
COTwinMom
by on May. 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM

there are endless ideas for a carnival party! You can set up one of these photo booth areas, set up game booths the kids can play--they can redeem tickets to pick something from a prize table; serve popcorn in those vintage popcorn bags/boxes, and those small boxes of animal crackers, you can serve a snack in wafer ice cream cones. You can have kids "test their strength" by making a fake dumb-bell with a dowel between two big black balloons... maybe a small petting zoo if your budget allows.  best of luck!

http://homeconfetti.blogspot.com

CreativeMummy
by on May. 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

There is a lot available through the Oriental Trading Company.  MOPS had the carnival theme a couple of years back and we got all of our decorations through that business and it was really inexpensive.  
So sorry you have been sick.  Hope you are feeling better soon. 

DarkFaery131
by on May. 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM

bean bag toss game- easily done with a board with holes in it or even a trashcan with the flipping lid pained (my aunt made an awesome R2D2 one when her son was little)

magnetic fishing game or clothes pin fishing game over a curtain (adult pins little prizes to it)

decorations - penant style banner (you can print this yourself using digital scrapbooking supplies) 

here's one blog I found that has a cute carnival party http://bellyfeathersparty.blogspot.com/2010/10/carnival-party-ideas.html

MZ2007
by on May. 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Quoting CreativeMummy:

There is a lot available through the Oriental Trading Company.  MOPS had the carnival theme a couple of years back and we got all of our decorations through that business and it was really inexpensive.  
So sorry you have been sick.  Hope you are feeling better soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)