Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Sew Fleece Blankets/Pillows

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 350 Total Views

I have a question about them I know you can use any fleece pattern you want and you cut the edges and everything but How long/wide are they

what are the lengths of a standard blanket and pillow??

I am wondering because I am going to be making them as gifts this year for christmas and would like to know what I should look for or look out for and if there are any helpful tips to making them I would love to hear them.

thank you hope you have a great day Ladies :)

by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DarkFaery131
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM

most fleece is about 50-54" wide, just check the bolt at the store though, should say on each one how wide it is.

Naiia
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Oh okay thank you. Another question do you think it is possilbe to get fabric that is as long and wide as a standard queen size like comforter??
Naiia
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Quoting Naiia:

Oh okay thank you. Another question do you think it is possilbe to get fabric that is as long and wide as a standard queen size like comforter??

I figured it out lol. So never mind on that question Lol.

Sorry one more question Ladies I live in California just so that is know for what Im about to ask.

Where are good fabric stores to go to? And where could I get NFL Fleece print fabric does anyone know??

nanbon44
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I shop at JoAnn's they have a large selection of fleece.... If there isn't one close you could always order online and don't forget to use coupons.....  Wal Mart also carries fleece, that is if your Wal mart has a craft department, many of the store no longer have the fabrics...   And then there is ebay...   I have seen NFL patterns at most of the fabric stores.. or online fabric stores... I just look for the best prices before buying

Naiia
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Quoting nanbon44:

I shop at JoAnn's they have a large selection of fleece.... If there isn't one close you could always order online and don't forget to use coupons.....  Wal Mart also carries fleece, that is if your Wal mart has a craft department, many of the store no longer have the fabrics...   And then there is ebay...   I have seen NFL patterns at most of the fabric stores.. or online fabric stores... I just look for the best prices before buying

There is a JoAnn's nearby me I was going to go there. And I saw online that they had NFL fleece fabric so I am ging to go and look there. And as for Walmart there is only one that has a fabric section and it is so small and doesnt have anything in it really its kinda sad actually.

chickensmommy
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I like Joann's too.  I always get coupons for that place and they have an amazing selection

Naiia
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM
Okay where do you get these coupons for JoAnn's?

Quoting chickensmommy:

I like Joann's too.  I always get coupons for that place and they have an amazing selection

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I made a no sew blanket for my new grandson will try to post a pic later

Naiia
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Quoting ZOOMZOOMCANTOR:

I made a no sew blanket for my new grandson will try to post a pic later

I would love to see it. Pics would be great thank you :)

nanbon44
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Sign up for JoAnn's flyer and there are coupons inside...  You can sign up at the store or even online at their web site.... I also check their web site pretty regular as sometimes they have deals you can't find in the store.  I don't know if it was a glitch in their system, but I got Floor model Ott Lights for $19.00  that sell for $149   to $ 249    Yea  there were two styles and I got both and gave one to my step daughter... the deal wasn't up very long...  

Make sure if you get the flyers to take it with you every time you go to JoAnn's and have them scan the code... This makes sure you will continue to get the flyers... they will drop your name from the mailing list if you don't use the flyers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN