Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of Christmas Ideas.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 695 Total Views

So, like just about everyone else in America these days, my family is super short on money.  I'm thinking about making all my presents this year, so I'm going to be getting started with ideas and making them already.  Here is my list of people.

Mother In Law- Thinking about making candles with scents for her.

Stepfather In Law- Would like some sort of gag gift, as he is not liked. lol  Any ideas?

My Mother- Maybe more candles?

My 4 year old niece and 5 year old nephew- Memo boards with ribbons and a little pocket.

6 year old daughter-Memo board 

7 year old daughter-Memo board

I would like more for my daughters, but I can't think of anything right now.

34 year old husband- Doesn't like sports. Weirdo.  I have no clue.

by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kdgord
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I made a perpetual cookie sheet calendar for my MIL one year and it was a hit. They are really easy and fun to make and fairly cheap also.

Chris0110
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:33 PM

How did you do that?

kdgord
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM
There are directions how to do it here: http://designbydani.com/girltalk/2007/07/altered-tuesday-perpetual-cookie-sheet-calendar/

Quoting Chris0110:

How did you do that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suroundedbyboys
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM

I'm working on idea's too, jealous you have a much shorter list :)

I have a 4 yo nephew I think I am going to make him an "indoor" sandbox. ie a decent sized storage bin, maybe 12 by 12 or a little bigger and fill it with some rice. Then put some constrution vehicles in it. My boys have on and love it.

My boys 3 &6 will be getting new aprons, I made them some 2 years ago and they have out grown them. Also going to make a matching chefs hat for each. For DS 3 may make him a new robe, he has outgrown his.

Chris0110
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

That is really cool!  MIL is a school teacher too. So that is very awesome!

Kimja
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I am making quilted table runners and place matts. I am also thinking about making a towel wrap for the woman (spa wrap) using a large towel and adding elastic or velcro Then buying hair micro wrap at the Dollar store and adding some body wash and lotion.  I to am looking for more ideas

DarkFaery131
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM
gag gift - gather sticks place in box with note "New Furniture - Assembly Required"
DarkFaery131
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM

can you do buttons? I have a store bought one with velcro and honestly the velcro sucks with terry cloth, gets gunked up with fuzz way too easily.  Love my one that uses buttons better.  It has like 3 buttons spaced a few inches apart on one side, and just one button hole at the other corner

Quoting Kimja:

I am making quilted table runners and place matts. I am also thinking about making a towel wrap for the woman (spa wrap) using a large towel and adding elastic or velcro Then buying hair micro wrap at the Dollar store and adding some body wash and lotion.  I to am looking for more ideas

Pink-Diamond
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I really like the cookie sheet calendar idea. I bookmarked the sight too. That would be great for my Mom, Sister, and Step-Mom. Inexpensive yet useful. Possibly for a few customers too.

Thanks!

Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.

-Francois de La Rouchefoucauld

Kimja
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I like that idea of buttons. I am just learning how to sew. I have no clue how to do them.  I only sew straight lines and can't follow a pattern.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)