Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby gift ideas..

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

I have a great friend that just had her 6th baby. she has everything needed for this little one.but I wanted to send her something...I need an idea of something that would be meaningful and something that isn't just another outfit or blanket kwim? ( this doesn't have to be all handmade..just looking for some kind of ideas) ..

If it were you ..knowing she has what she needs..would you rather have something special for you or for your new baby?

by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
megan27
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 11:47 PM

How about a gift certificate to a portrait studio for a photo session of the new baby?

Isabellas_Mom
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM

A spa day or nice massage. Maybe just a day to herself.....if you think you could handle alll of those little ones. 

dejamanu
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Whoa, lots of babies. I bet she has everyhting. lol. I personally give out frames or photo albums or photo books. But I love photography and am known in my family as the shutterbug. So they like the detail. Like my sil, I sent her a 3,6,9,1yr baby photo frame. she loved it. I also give out photo books to my inlaws, sent them one for xmas of photos of my dd and them, all during christmas. So try something she likes. But if you got no idea get something for her, to spoil her a bit. manicure or something. keep in mind that she might not have a babys itter to take the whole day off for a spa day or something that takes long. so maybe a gift for her. 

rglrtmmy
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I would do something for her. Maybe put together a basket of luxury bath items like a loofah, foot scrub, if you are knowlegable you can make her some homemade bath salts or bombs, maybe include a scented candle for some aromatherapy, lotion, stuff like that. You could even include some nail polish. Then she can have her own spa time right at home without having to worry about a sitter and she can do it in the evening when most of the munchkins are down for the night. If  you knit and/or crochet you can find all kinds of free patterns to make scrubbies, face cloths etc to add to the basket. Pick her favorite color and try to go with a color scheme, etc.

When friends and family have had babies and I know they have everything they need for the baby or will get it at the shower I always do something for the mom. Instead of flowers and a card or gift for baby when I visit at the hospital, I take something for mom and sometimes for dad too. Every one else focus' on the new little one so it's a nice surprise for the parents to get something just for them. Lets them know you haven't forgotten about them.

Tammy

dslea
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 11:49 AM

make and send a personalized baby's first Christmas ornament!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)