Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son-in-law is over sea he in the army me and my daugther are doing care package ..

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 452 Total Views

l really need some idea for it.

by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KimberlyMT
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Are you asking about things you should put in it that he can use all the time...or just some kind of craft to make for him? My dh is in the army....and I've mailed quite a few care packages to him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nanbon44
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 9:44 AM

We made some care packages and sent when my SIL was over seas.   We made neck wraps filled with those jelly like beads that absorb water..  Got a big bottle of them in the garden center... they soak the neck wrap and put it around their neck to keep cool.  We also put in baby powder, toothpaste and other type toiletries, we put in gum and lifesavers, cards, paper and pens

gregsgrl04
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM
What type of jelly balls are they? My DH leaves for Afghanistan SOON and I'd love to make him a neck wrap to stay cool

Quoting nanbon44:

We made some care packages and sent when my SIL was over seas.   We made neck wraps filled with those jelly like beads that absorb water..  Got a big bottle of them in the garden center... they soak the neck wrap and put it around their neck to keep cool.  We also put in baby powder, toothpaste and other type toiletries, we put in gum and lifesavers, cards, paper and pens

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyPrincess81
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Put his favorite snacks in the box, body wash, deodorant..etc, things he'll be able to use

KimberlyMT
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Agree...put things he can use everyday. Hand sanitizer, toothpaste, soap, slippers cause the showers are dirty, water heater (for top ramen or something) candy or chocolate to snack on, dvds to keep him busy on weekends, if he has kids, make him an album or frame with their picture in it. I had my kids paint a frame for their dad. If he doesn't have a laptop...send him one so you can do skype! There's lots of stuff you can send!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nanbon44
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I am not sure what they are called, I find them in the gardening dept.  They look like grains of salt. when you put them in water the soak up something like 200 times their weight in water... they become very gel like.  I found the gardening shop to have the best price on them, they sell them for mixing in potting soil to hold water..   I also found them in the decorating section but in a different form, there they are balls that are used in the bottom of a vase for fresh flowers.   

When you add this to a neck wrap you only use two teaspoons full in each wrap.  Dosen't seem like much until you get them wet.

I just did a web search and the one I use is Soil Moist Crystals

The beads are listed under Crystal Moisture beads.

connor
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM

well thks for the good ideas ladys.

mommyprice09
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I always put his fav snacks,movies,music cards to download music or cds, shampoos,bath sandals, electric razor,boxers, pictures,letters from home, blanket for winter, pillow

I made my dh a tie blanket, he wasnt able tobring it home due to not having enough room, but knowing another soldier was able to use it was what made me happy.

connor
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 3:27 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)