Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby food jars

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 1059 Total Views

My son just started eating baby food and I’m starting to get a collection of jars. Any one any have any ideas on what I can make with them?

Thanks

by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimberlyMT
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Fill them up with candy and decorate it for Halloween! Hand them out to friends, neighbors, co-workers...or if you have older children and want to do crafts with them make a snow globe for house decoratins on christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isabellas_Mom
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Yes^^. I have also seen children do sand art with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karenvnelson
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I saw a project for sensory skills-putting epsom salt, essential oil of your choice and if you wanted to add any food coloring for kids to make their own bath salts.  I saw someone collecting them to teach a class how to make butter too.

lvndream
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I have a Christmas tree made from baby food jars...stack them to look like a tree, glue them together, fill the insides with tinsel, in the lids make a hole large enough for a mini christmas light and then stick lights into them..leave the last little bit hang so you can plug it in and they are really pretty all lit up. You can make it any size you want...just keep stacking, or make as gifts.

blessedmom303
by on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:21 PM

My kid's like to make butter with them. Just add some heavy cream, seal, and let them shake away...Butter taste pretty good once they are done.  We also use them to hold paint, and small craft supplies.  Hubby uses them in the shop to hold nails, screws, ect...

Bradensmommy719
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 12:00 AM

i have some left over too and i use them to hold craft supplies and extra seasoning. like the red pepper flakes adn parm cheese from when we order pizza. 

Artladydp
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:57 AM

This is what I made out of baby food jars - Tea Lights.  I used etching creme to create a frosted look in the opening.  I can't wait for my new granddaugther to start eating baby food so I can get a new collection of jars.

ArmyPrincess81
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 9:34 PM

With the holidays coming up, you can decorate them :)

swdesigns
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Quoting Artladydp:

This is what I made out of baby food jars - Tea Lights.  I used etching creme to create a frosted look in the opening.  I can't wait for my new granddaugther to start eating baby food so I can get a new collection of jars.

Really cute idea!    I used mine for making butter and holding small supplies. 

bake1967
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM

I saw an adorable hummingbird feeer project in Birds and Bloom magazine. You can also make mini snowglobes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)