Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DIY is a quilt for my bedroom

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 315 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I have been working on this for a couple of years....... I have 18 squares done and 2 to go.  I am going to finish it for the holidays.  I love making quilts.  I can finish a baby quilt or a lap quilt in 2 days and those are my favorite because you get so much satisfaction seeing your end result! Whenever I make something for myself I take longer!  Must be the cobbler and his shoes theory! 

by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SMLemos
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM

I wish I could make these. 

calicokitty69
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM

You CAN! I took a quilting class sponsered by the local fabric shop.  The initial cost was around 75.00 for the class and around $200.00+ for fabric and supplies.  But it was worth it! I had wanted to do it for years.  I took the class with my sister so that made it fun and we helped each other out when we got stuck.  The gifts I have made will someday be heirlooms and that is the best part!

CharlotteD235
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!I ahve a couple started bth in mind and some cut pieces,but seems everyone is having babies nad I keep needing to make baby quilts.

i always do larger one for the crib to youth bed size.

Guess we need warmer less snowing winter so theses guys/gals will stop snuggling so close LOL

char 

bake1967
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Very pretty!

hemimom03
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Girl you Rock!! Love the colors and it'll be beautiful when your done!! I think there is nothing better then to recieve or give a home made item!!!

I think that's why I love making my jewelry!

calicokitty69
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Thank you for your kind words! You are so right! Giving homemade quilts and jewelry make such beautiful gifts! I love making crafts also especially around Christmas! I have made many lap quilts with Christmas fabric as gifts and they are always so well received!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)