Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tea Light Holders

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 2:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 618 Total Views
Ok this is actually something that my mom and her sisters use to make. It is very simple and pretty. Buy a clear glass candle jar (you can find them at walmart, AC more, anywhere they sell crafts) Buy some holida napkins with cute pictures on them and pull them apart so you have the thinnest pieace possible. cut out whatever picture on it that you like and put it on the candle holder. Paint over it with modpoge (sp?) then roll it in clear crystals. let them dry and put a candle or tea light in them. they come out VERY pretty.
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pinkygal
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 4:10 PM
I've seen these and they turn out so pretty!  I should make some...probably with baby food jars like pp mentioned!

CJPenguin
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM
I have seen these for the holidays and they are very pretty.

I've also seen the same technique done on clear ball ornaments.  My friend took a napkin from a wedding reception she attended and made a Christmas ornament for the bride and grooms first Christmas.  She shredded the napkin in small pieces and overlapped them like decopauge putting the wedding announcement in the center.  The top had that holder that you can put a tree light through so it lights up from the inside.  Since the announcement was thinner than the overlapped pieces it was stunning. 

Just another idea!
MelissaB07
by on Nov. 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM
ooo I made something like that for a baby shower...we used all pastal colored pieces of material then trimmed the edges with a thin braided thread but we removed it from the jars after it sat for a few and folded the edges out before adding the trim.  Then we placed mini bags of goodies in each one.  I kept some that were left (now I have to find them and take a pic) but I try to set them out at Easter time with some hand blown decorated eggs in them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)