Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glitter Christmas Ornaments

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 678 Total Views
Does anyone here make these? I'm having a problem with the glitter sticking to the inside of the ball, I end up using almost, if not the entire vial of glitter. I have tried the pledge floor cleaner and hairspray. I'm so aggrivated right now, The glitter is expensive . Can anyone help? BTW I cannot find the Futura floor cleaner here in N J
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ArmyPrincess81
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I normally just use glue...pour the glue inside the ball then add glitter and shake it up

Pink-Diamond
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Perhaps use crafting glue. I am a newbie when it comes to home made things but I see Clear Crafting G

lue suggested for most Christmas crafts. This crafting glue can be found at Wal Mart and craft stores.

I have discovered a site which explains to get some liquid hair spray and pour into the ornament, swirl it around, then pour out. Add glitter and swirl around. Says it works great.

Other alternatives: Versamark refill. Any kind of embossing refills. Crystal effects.

Hope these help you!   :)

Imsupermom2
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 4:27 PM

If you go to any of the sites on U-tube they say to use Future Floor polish to pour a small amount into the ornament ball and then pour in your fine glitter and the floor polish acts as a glue and it is much easier to use then glue

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)