Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG Christmas present ideas?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

This christmas we are having 2 special guests over for dinner. We normally do Christmas Eve dinner and after we eat, everyone can open 1 gift. Well I don't wanna open gifts and these 2 ppl don't have anything to open. I need some ideas on what to get them, it can be store bought or home made.

One gift is for the kids bus driver. He has been there driver for over a year now and he's so amazing with them. He makes sure that they are safe and always rewards them and show up to their sports games etc. He spent Thanksgiving with us :) I normally bake for him and last year I gave him peppermint white chocolate fudge. I am lost as to what to give him. He's an older gentleman, loves sports and a retired Veteran.

The other gift is for my husbands soldier. He has no family here. His story, he is a Private and was deployed overseas and got attacked so now he has some issues mentally and physically. It broke my heart that for Thanksgiving, the unit told the higher ranks to make sure no soldier is alone, no one asked him and he was alone. My husband didn't find out until he went back to work that monday. So we're having him with us because I refuse for anyone to be alone and besides that he is truly a very smart, caring and super nice guy. I have no clue as to what to get him for christmas.

I need help ! Lol

ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥ Army Wife, Mommy to a Princess & a Prince ಌ♥ಌ♥ಌ♥

Love planning parties? Join us in Party Planning Mama's. Click here !

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
peacegirl205
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You have a big heart. I will try to think of some good suggestions. Bless you!
loveeeyore
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM

For the soldier, I would do a big box of homemade goodies, you could do the same for the bus driver or give him a gift card for a restaurant.

ArmyPrincess81
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Thank you ..I try to help others as often as I can :)

Quoting peacegirl205:

You have a big heart. I will try to think of some good suggestions. Bless you!

ArmyPrincess81
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Quoting loveeeyore:

For the soldier, I would do a big box of homemade goodies, you could do the same for the bus driver or give him a gift card for a restaurant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)