Baby Leg Warmers
I LOVE Baby leg warmers! They're so practical. It keeps little legs warm and looks so cute under dresses
(or even just with a onesie).
I also love that you can change a diaper without having to remove them.
The only thing is that they're hard to find at a good deal!
I just saw some for $15!
I don't know why they have to be so much.
Aren't they just socks with out feet?
Anyway I made some from socks that I got for $2!
And they're so EASY to make.
1) Cut the heal and toes off the socks. Then throw those parts away.
Now you have two little cuffs and two long socks.
2) Turn the cuffs and long socks inside out.
3) Take the cuff and fold it inside itself so that the wrong sides are
together inside, and the right sides are on the outside.
Fold till the raw edges are lined up.
4) Sew a zig-zag stitch all around inside the cuff as close to the raw edge as you can.
The material tends to roll a bit so try to keep the edges together the best you can.
5) Slightly stretch the cuff as you sew around.
Here's your first cuff!
You can trim the excess edges off as needed.
6) Now take the long sock part and place the cuff all the way inside.
Line all the raw edges up together.
7) Sew around with a zig-zag stitch.
As you sew, stretch the cuff to the sock (but don't stretch the sock part).
8) Now pull it inside out and now to the other one.
Just so cute on these little squishy legs!
on Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:09 PM