Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should i make?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

I need ideas. A friend of mine who moved away a couple years ago is going through a really rough patch. He had some issues with drugs and got clean, became an interventionist and then slipped up and ended back in rehab. He just got out in time for the holidays and I would love to send him something to show him I'm praying for him and support him.

by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KimberlyMT
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Maybe find a poem, quote,phrase, something from the bible....anything that represent your support or what they are going through and have it framed nicely so they can look at it everyday and remind themselves what great friends and support they have. Or you can make an album of all the great memories you've spent together...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveeeyore
by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 2:56 AM

I would send baked goods with a handwritten note giving support and let him know he is always in your prayers.

mrsjenniferbyrd
by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I would make him a "Prayer Box"~ My mother made these for the holidays- basically find a small box with a lid( we found some at the dollar stores), and create cards small enough to fit in the box. On the cards you provide scriptures of encouragement if you would like, and beneath that add a few lines or so for him to include his prayer for the day. You can make as many cards as you would like. I think that this would be a good idea for him, along with i would send the baked goods too!! :)
BrittBurke
by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestion guys!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)