Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday Homeade Frames????

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 6:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 341 Total Views
I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make homeade picture frames to give as gifts? I come from a family that loves to take photos and it gets tiresome to just keep them in an album. So, hopefully, someone creative out there might know how to make a rather cheap photo frame!

Thanks,
Janie

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent!!
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
qkforever
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 6:58 PM
I just saw this when I took my kids for their pictures.  It was a shadow box  that was scrapbook.  This one was Christmas themed. There was a spot for a picture to go.  It was so cute. I think I am going to look into see if I can make one.

leosmommy
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 7:02 PM
Make one out of popcicle sticks...then you have the option of making it an ornament!! Thats all I can suggest!!!!
mamamiaohmy
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 7:56 PM

There are so many things you can do with frames.... you could paint the frame itself or leave it , then cover the mat with a nice fabric....you could paint the frame with different fun designs- polka dotting is super easy with the eraser of a pencil dipped in paint....  you could decoupage the frame with whatever- pictures, fabric, etc., you could glue buttons, ribbon, dried/artificial flowers around the frame.....  you could antique it with crackle finish, you could find those cutouts (metal or wood) and glue them on to a painted frame (family, love, sisters, etc....)  Is that kind of what you were thinking of- if not, just disregard it all..... :)  I've seen on more than one craft show where they glued fabric to the mat of a frame to make it "trendy"- it doesn't have to look cheesy.... same with the dried flowers, etc, it's all in the presentation....  Craft stores have a lot of unfinished frames- some flat front, some not, but you could also recycle old frames of your own, or get cheap cheap from thrift stores...  Good luck!  Kathryn

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

jamiewhite2006
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 8:17 PM

JAMIE

PROUD MOM OF 4Make it out of popsicle sticks or cardboard cut it into a square then cut out the middle to fit the size of your picture then decorate it wih fabric or whatever you may want

laurynsmom16
by on Nov. 25, 2007 at 11:56 PM
I own a home daycare and what I'm doing for the parents is picking a picture of when the parents came to parent participation day. Then I have mats to go in the frames. I'm letting the children paint the mats themselves for a personal touch for their parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN