Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want my girls to make gifts for everyone this year.  We're going to be making scented stones for the grandmas and aunts but I'm stumped on what to make for the grandpas and uncles.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
momiilu
by on Nov. 28, 2007 at 1:24 AM
A few years ago, I bought simple address books for my brothers and let my son decorate them with permanet markers and stickers, and then I filled in the addresses of everyone that we knew as a family so my brothers would have current addresses, they both still have theirs and my older brother has been hinting he could use a new updated version LOL  I have also done the reigndeer ones that went over well.  Last year we did hot cocoa sets and made serving trays with photo coasters made from tiles which were a real hit.  and very inexpensive. 

jill75
by on Nov. 28, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Quoting wv_mom:

Gourmet Reindeer Poop recipe

1/2 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Mix butter, sugar, milk and cocoa together in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoonful (larger or smaller as desired) onto wax paper and let harden. They will set up in about 30-60 minutes. These will keep for several days without refrigerating, up to 2 weeks refrigerated and 2-3 months frozen. Pack into zip-top sandwich bags or a large Mason jar for gift giving.

Attach the following note to each bag or jar:

Gourmet Reindeer Poop:

I woke up with such scare when I heard Santa call...
"Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!"
I ran to the lawn and in the snowy white drifts,
those nasty reindeer had left "little gifts."

I got an old shovel and started to scoop,
neat little piles of "Reindeer Poop!"
But to throw them away, seemed such a waste,
so I saved them, thinking-you might like a taste!

As I finished my task, which took quite awhile,
Old Santa, passed by and he sheepishly smiled.
And I heard him exclaim as he was in the sky...
"Well they're not potty trained, but at least they can fly!"

That's gross! It will make my hubby sick but my 12 year old son's gonna LOVE it!!!!!
craftyzookeeper
by on Nov. 28, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Well fabric painting is very easy.  If they have children you could try getting a t- shirt and some fabric paints and make something that you could put all of their childrens namesand birthdates on.  You could put something on the front like proud daddy with the names on the back.  We did this for my fil with his grandchildren's names on it and he loved it.  You could also make them baseball caps with this on it.  It is easy and not very time consuming. The most time consuming part is letting them dry.

tabitha402
by on Nov. 28, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Try making notepads.  FInd something they are interested in, find a picture about that on printshop, print the picture on a brochure page, cut into 3 sections, cut a piece of posterboard the same size, clip it together and paste rubber cement across the top end of the pages.  My kids made them last year for teachers and God-parents.  The guy's loved them, they use them in their shops and at work.

Tabitha
SMLemos
by on Nov. 29, 2007 at 3:42 PM
I am going to buy those travel coffee mugs for my hubby that you can insert your own picture or design, and make a collage of pictures of our son and print if up to put in there and then im going to go a second one of his favorite sports team to print up. 

Lilypie2nd Birthday TickerLilypieExpecting a baby Ticker
Tomieruth
by on Nov. 29, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Gourmet Reindeer Poop recipe

1/2 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Mix butter, sugar, milk and cocoa together in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoonful (larger or smaller as desired) onto wax paper and let harden. They will set up in about 30-60 minutes. These will keep for several days without refrigerating, up to 2 weeks refrigerated and 2-3 months frozen. Pack into zip-top sandwich bags or a large Mason jar for gift giving.

Attach the following note to each bag or jar:

Gourmet Reindeer Poop:

I woke up with such scare when I heard Santa call...
"Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!"
I ran to the lawn and in the snowy white drifts,
those nasty reindeer had left "little gifts."

I got an old shovel and started to scoop,
neat little piles of "Reindeer Poop!"
But to throw them away, seemed such a waste,
so I saved them, thinking-you might like a taste!

As I finished my task, which took quite awhile,
Old Santa, passed by and he sheepishly smiled.
And I heard him exclaim as he was in the sky...
"Well they're not potty trained, but at least they can fly!"

About how many do you get in a batch! This sounds good to give to my coworkers!

Bizmom
by on Nov. 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM

We like to make the reindeer,snowman and santa poop gift bags.

Santa - we just add some red tic tacs along with white and maybe some green. with a pack of hot cocoa and a few small candy bars(mini) and put into a bag for giving.add your gift tag as well

Reindeer one- also red hots with some tea bags(organic or orange tea) or just use plain that's ok you can use cocoa if you like than you can add just the red hots and add your gift tag

Snowman- same idea' except use the white tic tacs or use mini marshmallows or use all, put into a bag and give. great idea's and fast to make and give. and who doesn't love a cup of hot chocolate on a cold morning. with marshmellows. Yum!

bizmom

wave

rabbit7
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:42 AM
For the men I am going to make a boot/shoe scrapper for snow and mud. Get a piece of wood, large enough for the mans foot and get lots of bottle tops. Hammer them down on rows, my kid loves to hammer. The other thing we are making is a hat hanger. Take a long piece of wood (size of a yard stick), paint it, then hammer clips onto it to hang their hats. Oh yeah, attach it to the wall, near where they come into from outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kids1derful
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)