Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sugar Eggs

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 959 Total Views

Does anyone know how to make the sugar eggs?- & has done it before :) I really want to try it this year for Easter! I figured if I started now I could be a pro by Easter :) Thanks!

Becca & Carleighs Mom

by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bradensmommy719
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I've never seen sugar eggs. My grandma always use angelfood cake and hollowed it out. I'm interested in what others have to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyPrincess81
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Never heard of it before

Electronica_Mom
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I've never heard of them either, but they look fun to make! Where do you get those egg molds?

trophywf2htfrmr
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I have seen them in the stores to buy but I want to make them to give as gifts to my girls :)

trophywf2htfrmr
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Anycake & Candy supply store will have the molds- or try a michaels or hobbylobby. or you can order them off line- my mom just happened to have the molds herself- so i am nabbing hers. Thanks for the links! I cant wait to give this a shot! but I think I wil cheat and buy little cute already made candies for the insides (i am not that handy)

nanbon44
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Sugar eggs are beautiful, but I have never made one, guess because they are not edible (raw egg white) and I was afraid the grand kids would try to eat it.  So instead I make egg shaped cakes covered in chocolate and add their names and decorate. For a centerpiece I have made string eggs and did a scene inside.. 

Bergysmom
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

i still have a sugar egg from long ago...anxious to hear how you made out. easter egg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)