Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(OT) but i need help

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 10:27 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 363 Total Views
well this is a homemade group so i was wondering if you guys have any ideas for a wedding. I'm getting married in aug. and i started planning but we have a budget of $1000. and i dont know what t do, so i thought i can make as much as possible.  
I'm already making the invitations but thats about all i can think of. any ideas

http://www.cafemom.com/group/albertamommies - Owner

http://www.cafemom.com/group/SeriousWritingMoms - admin

by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BeccaAnn
by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 10:32 AM

My mom made the backdrop for our wedding my dad nailed some boards into a frame and then nailed chicken wire to it. Then my mom bought hundreds of napkins in the colors i wanted and she put them through the chicken wire. I know it sounds awful but it was beautiful!

beachbride
by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 10:41 AM
I got married in September and we paid for/planned the whole thing ourselves (ok with the thoughtful ideas of several friends). We too were on a budget because we didnt want to start our life together in debt. I will send you a PM with all of the ideas that we used to make our wedding inexpensive and unforgettable!!
kenzielily
by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 10:51 AM
I had a $1500 budget for 100+ guests and it was an eating reception. Go to the  www.knot.com it had tons of awesome ideas and shop Hobby Lobby too. They do have an online store that goes by another name but has all the same stuff at the same price. If you go to the HL home page it will give you the link so you can shop online then go into the store for what you want. It can be done!!! Good Luck.

Kim:)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

MommaTea
by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 11:06 AM
We also had a budget and the three things that I started out hating, I ended up loving!
1. We had a friend's brother video tape the whole thing (instead of hiring a videographer). We paid him I think like $50. We didn't get all the neat things that come along with the videographer (ie music to the video), but we have it all on video so we can enjoy watching it anyway!
2. We asked friends to bring their own cameras (all digital) and then e-mail us all the pictures. We printed up which ones we wanted in an album and then saved the rest to a disk. It cost us next to nothing and we had so many to choose from since everyone had different angels and whatnot. We made sure that there was at least two cameras taking the group pictures, you know, the ones of me and my husband, the wedding party, us and our parents/siblings.
3. We used fake flowers instead of real ones. This one took some work to make the boquets, but I gotta tell ya, it looked beautiful! We went to Hobby Lobby and got all the colors I wanted and put them together for the wedding party. It was sooooo much cheaper than using real ones and these last.

One more thing, when we got married this wasn't available, but I have since done it. Go to Snapfish.com and they have books you can make (for as cheap as $5.00) with your digital pics you upload. They actually print the picture on the hard pages and it looks amazing! It's like making your own wedding album.

Good luck and congrats!
Tricia

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker