Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tea towel

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 528 Total Views

I stitched this with a dear friend in mind. I am also making another for a family friend. The next one will be added to a gift basket with other homemade items.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kimmerann811
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I like that. I am no good at cross stich unless it's marked out on the material.

Bergysmom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM
I love the waffle texture of the towel and the softness of the colors in your stitching. I would love to attempt this idea. Thanks for sharing!
Bradensmommy719
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I got the towel at the dollar store. They have a pretty good veriety in the towles they have. I was pleasantly shocked.

Quoting Bergysmom:

I love the waffle texture of the towel and the softness of the colors in your stitching. I would love to attempt this idea. Thanks for sharing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trishaw
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Hello ,I love this idea! How many cross stitches are in each square?i would love it if you could post the pattern,please.God bless you!

Bradensmommy719
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I used waste canvas on the tea towel. The alphabet is one I created just for this project on graph paper. The cups came out of a magazine that I subscribe to. So there really isn't a pattern.

Most of my tea towels stitches were 130 squares by 40 squares.

Quoting Trishaw:

Hello ,I love this idea! How many cross stitches are in each square?i would love it if you could post the pattern,please.God bless you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trishaw
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much for your response. I have some magazines with some lettering so will try that along with the waste canvas. Gratefully, Trish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)