Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reindeer Food?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 8:57 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 312 Total Views
A couple of years ago a friend of my daughters sent out reindeer food to everyone in her class. I want to do this but I can't remember what was in it. Anyone know? or heard of it? please help if you have!!!
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
txmomof4angels
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 8:59 PM

Reindeer Food for Kids

• 12 cups Crispix cereal
  • 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate or butterscotch chips
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

In a very large pot over low heat, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips, stirring frequently.

Remove from heat and add cereal, stirring gently to coat well. Add the powdered sugar, a bit at a time, and continue stirring until mixture is completely combined.

Spread pieces on a cookie sheet or other clean, flat surface, separating them so they don't stick together. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

Makes about 12 1-cup servings.

flutterbyefaery
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 9:01 PM
reindeer food for the kiddies to eat:
rolled oats and the sparkle sugar sprinkles (red and green of course). cinnimon if you want for a little more flavor

reindeer food for the reindeer (throw on lawn for reindeer on Christmas even)
rolled oats and glitter.  

I don't have exact measurements, I just eyeball it.
lovedtimes3
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 9:01 PM
DO U DUMP IT IKE COOKIES?
Quoting txmomof4angels:

Reindeer Food for Kids

• 12 cups Crispix cereal
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

In a very large pot over low heat, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips, stirring frequently.

Remove from heat and add cereal, stirring gently to coat well. Add the powdered sugar, a bit at a time, and continue stirring until mixture is completely combined.

Spread pieces on a cookie sheet or other clean, flat surface, separating them so they don't stick together. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

flutterbyefaery
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 9:05 PM
it's individual pieces.   like chocolate covered chex mix.  no clumps
Quoting lovedtimes3:

DO U DUMP IT IKE COOKIES?
Quoting txmomof4angels:

Reindeer Food for Kids

• 12 cups Crispix cereal
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

star4w
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 9:18 PM
The chocolate chex mix, as you put it, is what my family calls puppy chow, because once you pour the powdered sugar on it, it does look like dog food!! But MY recipe for reindeer food is the rolled oats and sparkly confetti. Hopew this helps.........

Shawna
c.love49
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 9:19 PM
The reindeer food I make with my children isn't edible, but we throw it out on our lawn on Christmas Eve for the reindeer.  We just use plain Quaker Oats, the knid in the big cylinder container, unpopped popping corn, not the microwave kind, and different colors of glitter.  We mix it all up and throw a couple handfulls out on the lawn before the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve.  The glitter looks really preety under the moon light.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN