Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need ideas for 20 year old male

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 8:31 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 4671 Total Views
I have 2 young men on my gift list that I have NO CLUE what do get or make for them.  I made their sisters homemade bath salts, but that's too girly to give them.  Any suggestions?

by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
happilydivorced
by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 8:38 AM
scarves?  FOOD?
Scrapping
by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 9:00 AM
I made my son 18 yr. old a no sew fleece blanket football blanket.  My kids love those blankets, they are so warm.  I look for material on sale and can make one for about $20, not sure what your price range is?

Rhonda

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen."

momo2infl
by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 9:44 AM
If they're related to you an address book with everyones address,phone# and birthday

Throw with their favorite sports team logo on it

scarf, mittens in a neutral color

Some of their favorite foods they don't get often
kysmommy2
by on Dec. 16, 2007 at 10:03 AM
hello....do you sew? I recently made some ideas I found on one of the groups here...I did a heating pad......like a tube shaped towel material filled with rice and the contents of a few tea bags.....and some slippers to match. They were both SO SO SO easy and big hits for a guys b-day. You can message me if you want the links :)

You could also do pajama pants, guys of all ages love those, lol
busmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Food!  If your able, find out what his favorite cookie is and whip up a big batch for him and put it in a tin.  Nuts are always popular with guys too, you could put them in something he can re-use like a big pilsner glass and then write his name on it and/or draw his favorite sport team (college, pro) on it as well...wrap it in clear wrap with a decoration all over it and tie it off at the top with curly ribbon.

wv_mom
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 12:02 PM
I am getting all of the guys in that range on my list Reindeer poop (no-bake cookies) and  camoflauge duct tape wallets. I used those directions that I linked to make the first wallet, but then I didn't really like it, so I used the same principle and took one of hubby's old wallets to look at and made a trifold verion with three credit card pockets on each side and a driver's license slot in the middle. It turned out so nice. Hope this helps

auntietotty
by on Dec. 17, 2007 at 12:16 PM
Someone mentioned the no-sew fleece blankets....this year I made my 3 nieces and great niece a fleece pillow. Its ALOT cheaper than a blanket. Use about a yard of fleece....buy a basic 2.92 pillow at Walmart, cut the fleece around the edges like you do a blanket, (slits), tie all the edges but the end, put the pillow inside and tie the end. They turned out really neat and so soft!  You could do any theme, color, etc.....whatever they like.  The whole thing cost me about 6-7.00...depending on how cheap the fleece is...I got it on clearance for 4.44 a yard (its usually about 8.00 a yard)

I have a pic in here I think of one I made...somewhere.

I know you wanted ideas for a 20 yr old male...well I made my 22 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter one. (They are getting a blanket to match too)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)