Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone planning any fun crafts for Valentines day?
by on Jan. 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM
Edited by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Replies (11-18):
mamaholly1
by on Jan. 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM

Quoting msunderstood:

I don't know if this would be considered a craft exactly, but it is a tradition at our home.  One that I didn't do one year,  thinking that my children who were in their teens  would  be  tired of it and probably embarrassed by it.  WRONG!!!!  Sooooo...it is back to the Valentine Meatloaf.  I make a heart shaped meatloaf, using a cake pan.  I turn it out on a plate and "ice" it with mashed potatoes.  Then I write "I LOVE YOU"  and draw hearts, X's and O's, and squiggles with squeeze ketchup.  I wish I could find a picture of one I did in the past! 
What a GREAT idea.  My kids love meatloaf and I think this would go over well with them!!!!

ThaMCE
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Quoting doubleamom:

I did picture frames. You just need a white picture frame, hot glue gun and glue sticks, and conversation hearts. Just glue the hearts all the way around the edges of the frame and voila! So super easy.

THAT is a cute idea! I'm so trying that! Lillian Vernon has glass "conversation hearts," I think they're called scatters in the catalog. Just in case some are worried about ants. I think I'm going to do it your way and while creating, eat my favorite ones...the white ones! 
supermomof6
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Quoting ThaMCE:

I am!!!

I had a great craft My DD and I did last year and we're planning on doing it again!

I made lollipop heart flowers. They are sooo cute! I wanted an inexpensive alternative to regular old commercialized cards, so I looked up some crafts on www.marthastewart.com (gotta love that lady!)

I used construction paper (you can also use cardstock) and folded it in 1/2 lengthwise. Cut down the middle and fold your 2 halves again. You should have enough to cut out 4 heart shapes per 1/2 paper. Write the "To" and "From" names at this point.

Get a hole punch that punches out the really small holes (I think they're 1/8" holes). Punch the holes on the pointed end of the heart.

I bought a big bag of Dum Dum pops (about $3), and each flower uses 4 of the hearts(in a North, South, East, West fashion). And put the stick through the holes.

This was such a fun and cheap idea. I also was happy to give a candy this year. When I was a kid, I always wished I could do that...

Need any other ideas? Lemme know.

Michaella
We did this one year!! They're really cute & easy!
krissylea7
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 12:18 PM
We made these a couple of years ago.  We found some Valentine sticks of gum at Hobby Lobby.  They were pink, purple and red, and had hearts on them.  You could also use Big Red or Extra bubble gum. 
Candy Airplane
Candy Airplane 

Assembling this valentine requires a little bit of tricky balancing, but once you catch on, these sweet crafts will be flying from your fingertips.
CRAFT MATERIALS:
Thin rubber band
Peppermint Life Savers
Smarties
Cinnamon gum
Heart-shaped stickers

Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. Thread the rubber band through the holes of two Life Savers, then balance the roll of Smarties between them, across the rubber band.

2. For wings, balance the stick of gum on top, perpendicular to the Smarties, and pull the rubber band up and over each side of the gum to hold it all in place.

3. Decorate the wings with tiny heart-shaped stickers or a message. 

In loving memory of the Griffin Family

ThaMCE
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Quoting krissylea7:

We made these a couple of years ago.  We found some Valentine sticks of gum at Hobby Lobby.  They were pink, purple and red, and had hearts on them.  You could also use Big Red or Extra bubble gum. 
Candy Airplane
Candy Airplane 

Assembling this valentine requires a little bit of tricky balancing, but once you catch on, these sweet crafts will be flying from your fingertips.
CRAFT MATERIALS:
Thin rubber band
Peppermint Life Savers
Smarties
Cinnamon gum
Heart-shaped stickers

1. Thread the rubber band through the holes of two Life Savers, then balance the roll of Smarties between them, across the rubber band.

2. For wings, balance the stick of gum on top, perpendicular to the Smarties, and pull the rubber band up and over each side of the gum to hold it all in place.

OMG those are MAD cute!!!
Kerri452
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM
I am a Big wreath Person I love door treatments! I have wreaths for everything ! I love to change every year to something New ! My neighbours all tease me and say they love to walk past my house just to see whats on my door!  They have came down a lot and asked to look up close and if I would make one for them! So Both my kids are getting Married this year, I thought I might make them a Valentine Wreath for their doors! Does that sound OK? They don't eat sugar any more Big health nuts! But, they both have asked me if they could have some of my old wreaths, one is my son? He said it would remind him of home &he lives 2 hours away! His girlfriend loves them too, So I thought I would start making them their own. They are getting married in March & my daughters is in October! I,m so Excited! Both my kids getting Married in the same year!
Anyapeapod
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 1:24 AM

I made cupid wings for my baby and cut hearts for him to hold.  Click here for my directions for making the wings:  http://www.ourlittlepeapod.com/cupid_photo.htm
-Anya
partygaltoys4u
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 7:40 AM

Quoting krissylea7:

Candy Airplane
Candy Airplane 

CRAFT MATERIALS:
Thin rubber band
Peppermint Life Savers
Smarties
Cinnamon gum
Heart-shaped stickers

That is a really cute idea....I love it....

Diamond Creek Candles
  www.diamondcreekcandles.com/c111 
      Highly Scented Candles & More!!
 Click Here to register to win Free Candle's!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN