Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need some help ladies

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 597 Total Views
ok so i just found out m having a boy and i have no idea of what to do for the baby shower so if any one can give me ideas on the : theme, decorations, games, and prizes i would really appreciate it thanks ladies.

<3Valerie
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KKCMom
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 11:08 AM
Are you giving yourself a baby shower?
Kivara
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 11:17 AM
If you Google search baby shower games, a lot of great ideas come up.

Decor, blue everything (balloons, streamers, etc.) Put a framed pic of your latest, or all, ultrasound on a table for people to look at.

Invites, you can find these at Dollar Stores, party stores, office supply stores. You could ask everyone to write down their best advice for raising a boy, or their favorite baby story. Then you can either keep these for reference or pull them out, read them and have everyone guess who wrote each, for a game.

We have a party store (Factory Card Outlet) that has tons of cute baby shower things. Plastic baby shoes and strollers for table mints, crepe decor, etc.

You can register at places (like WalMart, Burlington, etc) if you want.

If you want a themed party, maybe the theme you want in the nursery and send out invites that show or say the theme.

My family is by no means rich, so for prizes, we usually go to the dollar store. We usually buy: pic frames, oven mitts, hand towels, figurines, etc.
babybull0601
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Who is Who:     Have everyone bring a baby picture of themselves not showing anyone.  Then have everyone guess who the babies in the pics are.

HiveQueen
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Sweety your the one who is pregnant... your turn to be pampered. You should pass the planning off to someone else.  Just tell whoever that you want and need a shower, and find out if they are interested in throwing it. 
RevzLove
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 11:39 AM
What we did at my daughter and daughter in laws was have a recieving blanket and permenat marker.  Everyone who came signed the blanket. I was never used they just have kept it to give to their children to show them who came to greet them into the world.
MILF2121
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM
I gave myself a baby shower with the second one, because everyone else had their own lives to attend to and so yeah. It was great I got the cake that I wanted, made the food that I liked....lol
like another mom said you can google baby games there are soo many to do.
As for theme, if you know what kind of theme you're doing for his room, center it around that. that way you can get some cute stuff for his room
bmamaever
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:11 PM
One of the decoration I did for my sisters baby shower was ballon babies. 
1. Take a diaper and fasten it up.
2. Take blue ballon, put it down in diaper and blow up to the size you want it, then tie ballon.
3.I took some double sided tape and put on the back of wiggley eyes, and put them on balloon. 
4. I used chenille piping for hair, I just wrapped it around the balloon tie.  I would probably use string the next time because some of the balloons popped.
5. You could draw a mouth on if you would like.

I used these as table center pieces.  They were a big it.  I do not have a pic of them sorry.

At a shower I once went to they put in the invitation to bring a pack of diapers for a chance to win a Target gift card.  Boy oh Boy did she get a lot of diapers.  I think the gift card was for $20.
MikeysMom22
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Are u hosting your own Baby Shower or are you looking for gift ideas for other people to give to you??!! Boys are a lot of fun to shop for when they are little dispite what some mothers of only girls will tell you.  We only have one child, he is a boy.  :)
Congrats on the baby that's coming when is your due date??
MamaCloud
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 7:43 AM

Quoting babybull0601:

Who is Who:     Have everyone bring a baby picture of themselves not showing anyone.  Then have everyone guess who the babies in the pics are.

Neat idea!
MamaCloud
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 7:46 AM

Quoting RevzLove:

What we did at my daughter and daughter in laws was have a recieving blanket and permenat marker.  Everyone who came signed the blanket. I was never used they just have kept it to give to their children to show them who came to greet them into the world.

What  a wonderful keepsake. Thanks for the idea.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)