Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower/gift ideas

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 319 Total Views
i have FIVE ladies to buy for by this summer......i want to do something really creative.
like a big gift basket or somethin.
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ilovecoffee95
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM
MAybe put a basket together with powder,lotions,wipes,or put all this in a diaper bag( the kind that hangs on door/crib) with diapers and a few snuggles,also add some flavored tea bags and bath salts for mom to relax to. Oh,also a CD of soothing music for baby or  a basket of books for cuddle time,Robin
brookmomto3
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:54 PM
You could also make a diaper wreath. I made one last year and it turned out so cute! You can do a search on ebay.com to get ideas on what they look like and what you would want yours to look like and there are several websites if you google "diaper wreath" that give you step by step instructions on how to make one. There are also diaper "cakes". They aren't actually cake, but diapers bunched together and stacked to look like one. Too cute!
TAG_ur_it
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 4:14 PM
my favorite is to get one of those short oblong wicker baskets w/ hand holds and get a pretty fabric to line it with (like the ones that u can spend a fortune predone or get the stuff from Michaels and do it urself)  and fill it with wipes, cloth diapers (make great spit rags),  maybe wash cloths and/or  a cute towel, Dreft and the stain remover especially for babies, along with whatever else u decide on.  then the mom has laundry supplies (which a lot of ppl dont think about until WAY last minute) and the basket can be used as a mini hamper or to put toys in and the liner can be changed to grow with baby.
partygaltoys4u
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 7:39 PM
You could paint big clay pot's in a baby theme... with block's and abc's....Put your gift in the pot and wrap with cellophane.... I did this and it was a big hit... They used it for other thing's afterward's in the babies room....

Diamond Creek Candles
www.diamondcreekcandles.com/c111
Test Drive The Company For Free!!

craftlover
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 6:41 PM
Hi,

I usually make several things and make up a basket.  What I usually do is make some baby wash cloths, bibs, and hooded towels and put them in the largest coffee can I can find.  I peel the label off and put either baby wrapping paper or wallpaper around the can.  I put the largest item I have on the bottom letting it hang all around if I can.  Then I put the smaller items inside.  I put cellophane around the whole thing and use cellophane wrap.  If I know the sex of the baby that's the colour of ribbon I use to tie it together.  If I don't, I use neutrals.  I finish it off by tying a  rattle through the ribbon.

I hope this helps.

Louise
MamaCloud
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 7:48 PM
I made my daughter fitted sheets to fit both the baby bed and the travel bed.  but what she as enjoyed the most was the flat sheets I made out of the same material, (to match baby's room theme) these can be used as sheets later when child grows into toddler bed, but in the mean time they make the stroller seat cooler and keep it cleaner and can be used to cover baby from sun or wind. Use one of the flat sheets to wrap the others in and use a couple of pairs of baby socks to decorate top with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)