Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shower Favors & Centerpieces

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 2509 Total Views
My daughter is getting married in October and I'm looking for ideas for centerpieces and favors for the shower.  She is my fourth daughter to get married and I'm running out of ideas.  HELP!  Pat
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToFour247
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:35 PM
I made similar chocolates as my wedding favors & everyone loved them.. Who doesnt love chocolate? LOL You can use the colors appropriate for her wedding colors.. I had red chocolate roses & white ribbon as my wedding was red & white themed.. Hope this is helps..Congrats! :)

coolmommyof3
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:51 PM

This  is a diaper cake I made.  I make them for many people.  I also make towel cakes that look similar to these!!!  This makes a great center piece for any shower.  Baby, or bridal!!!!
wv_mom
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 2:50 PM
I was kinda low on money when I had my wedding and what I did was take decorative fish bowls and put a little water in them and float a little candle and fake rose petals in the water. I think they looked great. I can't find a really good picture of them, but I did find this pic.

holleehobbee
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Quoting MomToFour247:

I made similar chocolates as my wedding favors & everyone loved them.. Who doesnt love chocolate? LOL You can use the colors appropriate for her wedding colors.. I had red chocolate roses & white ribbon as my wedding was red & white themed.. Hope this is helps..Congrats! :)

This looks really neat.  How did you make them?
Imsupermom2
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 4:10 PM
those are all very beautiful ideas.
urbpro
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 4:22 PM
I don't have a photo, but for my friends wedding reception we borrowed 10 clear glass cake stands from friends and relatives and baked dozens of sugar cookies and cupcakes. We iced everything with white icing and silver sprinkles and arranged them really pretty on the cakes stands with silver curling ribbon and confetti all around. At the end of the evening, everyone got a silver chinese takeout box (we found them at Party City) and got to choose a cupcake or cookie as their favor. It was a big hit and everyone was happy to go home with the treats they had been eyeing all night! lol!
partygaltoys4u
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 5:05 PM
For my brother's wedding we bought different sized wine glasses and placed votives in them for center pieces....You can add flowers around the bases of the glasses....

Diamond Creek Candles
      www.diamondcreekcandles.com/c111 
         ~~~Come And Join The Fun~~~

beachbride
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM
DH and I had a beach wedding, so for my shower my aunts did a beach theme. They used margarita glasses with sand and small shells in them and lavender (our wedding color) tea lights in them. The topped it off with a little paper umbrella sticking out. They were so cute. My cousin also did a couples shower for us and since DH is in the army she did a whole camo theme. Even the cake was tan and green. The guys loved it.
shortcake1978
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 10:19 PM
For my brother's wedding, they had a candy bar.  They set up all different size bowls and vases filled with mixtures of candy, Everyone got a treat bag and went down the bar and filled their bags with whatever they liked.  Since the wedding is in the fall, how about having mums as the centerpiece.

Zobug07
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM
i'm getting married in march. for the center pieces, i got my idea from www.theknot.com  i'm doing fish bowls with hydrangea and spanish moss. for favors we went to thrift stores and got tea cups, we are getting these: www.rariteas.com  and wrapping them in tulle.

good luck!
theknot has some great ideas!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)