Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Classroom and Valentines Day?? HELP!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I need cute inexpensive gifts for Valentines Day for the class. I asked the teacher if there was a card exchange and she said yes, I asked if we would get a list and again yes. Then she said "Alex's mom said she cant wait to see what you think of for Valentines Day you have been so crafty for all of the holidays so far" Well I was planning to sort of repeat what I did for Halloween, but  not now. LOL. I need something cute, new and creative, but have to much stress to think to much. LOL HELP
visit http://cashcrate.com/424474 to make money from home without spending any!!!
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Replies (11-15):
craftlover
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Quoting kmerrill1:

Quoting GeorgiaMommy2:

I did these last year for my daughters preschool class and they couldnt take candy so I did valetines pencils instead and everyone enjoyed them!!! 

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10543

I love this idea!!!  I have the same problem with my daughter's class.  There are several kids with severe food allergies.  The pencils will be perfect!
craftlover
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 6:34 PM
I think this is a great idea.  It's easy and eliminates the problem of allergies.

Good luck.
Louise
Holycropmom
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 8:19 PM

Quoting KrystleShaw2007:

What I was thinking about doing was baking some cookies, and putting them in those cute little, clear plasic baggies (with the hearts on them of course :) and tying them off with a ribbon, with the v-day card attached to it. Kind of like a present with the "to" "from" tag on it. I figure if I have my son pick out what cards he wants, he can write on them, we can bake together and set them up together. Just an idea. Good luck!
  I made cookies too but instead of puting them plastic bags use CD envelopes which comes in several different colors that could be decorated by your lil one with stickers, markers, ribben or any other embellie with a homemade valentine as the cover.
starfish333
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 9:27 PM
I think that there are so many great ideas at the magazine the ladies previously mentioned above - www.familyfun.com  I refer to their site for every holiday since my subscription just ended in December.  Well worth the money though to subscribe.....  Good luck and post pics of what you come up with!!
gmcat
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Quoting mamatoheartbaby:

We madethse last year for my then 1 yr old to bring to daycare, my oldest help break the crayons.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11585

Crayon Hearts

It ruined my heart pan thought so don't use one you want to keep.
We did this tonight with two 2 yos and a 4 yo, they loved taking the paper off the crayons and breaking them up and putting them in the pan.  I used the wilton's silicon one and they popped right out no problem.  Then I printed out a 3X3 color book and signed my gd name for her preschool class valentines. Thanks mamatoheartbaby for the idea.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN