Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

old bridesmaid dresses

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 7:37 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 1648 Total Views
What do you do with them?  Anyone repurpose them or just give them to goodwill?  I would like to use the fabric to repurpose them.  Seems like such a waste.  Any inspiration would be helpful.
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberwavessss
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Make a skirt for a pedestal sink? 
Curtains.
Quilt squares.
Braided rug

etc.

eds6619
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM
hmmm...have any pics?  Have you ever done anything for little girls?
danibartlett
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 7:51 PM
My mom keeps saying she wants to make some throw pillows out of a cinnamon colored one I wore in my sisters wedding.  It could make a dozen pillow probably since I was 8 months pregnant when I wore it.
if you sew clothes you could always make "princess" dresses for a little girl out of them.

Danielle  Creative Memories Consultant www.mycmsite.com/daniellebartlett

ilovecoffee95
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 9:16 PM
you could see if your local high school or community theatre could use them for costumes or  make change/cosmetic bags,hair bows,wrap a plastic hairband or add elastic and makes a dressier one for you or darling girl in your life,Robin
danyelle3
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:15 PM
ive heard of people using thier wedding dress to make a dedication/bastism dress or such for their babies.
i dunno about bridesmaids dress....i have several prom dresses and such a cant seem to toss. so i want ideas too!
Holycropmom
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 9:18 AM
Make them into prom dresses or if you would like to make some money off them take them to a Consignment store
sonorared
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM
I think I would use them to make a quilt.  Think of all the memories making and having the quilt would bring.  Nothing elaborate, just large squares.
eds6619
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Ok...I'm trying to make a summer dress for dd since the fabric is thin.  I'm just not good at this.
Ezranight
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:41 AM
I had a prom and homecoming dress, well, 2 of them, but I gave them to a girl from the local school who didn't have the money for one...problem was, that she was about 2 sizes bigger than the dresses...but her mom took the back out of one of the dresses, and put a lace up back on it, and let me say, for not being the right size, it looked great when they got done with it...
eds6619
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 9:03 AM
thats really nice.  Truthfully I was sending them to my cousin who teaches in a VERY poverty stricken school district, but then got selfish and decided to repurpose the fabric for my dd.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)