Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Duck birthday theme ideas

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 5:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 686 Total Views
Our daughter is turning one in a week and I would like to throw a duck theme birthday party.  Her first word after mom and Dada was duck and she walks around and says it all day long so I thought it might be kinda fun, but was wondering if you could help me out with some ideas of how I might incorporate it into a theme for the big birthday party!!  Thanks
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gmcat
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 7:03 PM

I have a  duck mold for lollipops, I think I got it at Hobby Lobby and of course you can do the duckies in water game where you put numbers on the plastic duckies and the kiddos pick them out of the water to get that prize.  If there are older kiddos you could play duck duck goose.  Use bright yellow and orange plates, napkins.  You could decorate the cups with little orange duck bills and googly eyes. I am sure there's all kinds of duck stickers out there too. I just googled this, the blue jello bowl with ducks sounds sooo cute!  Check it out.  http://www.rosemarycompany.com/DuckPartyIdeas.html

Hope its fun, please posts pics after the party.  Happy birthday little one!

Sylvia

Amy_M
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 7:16 PM
If there will be older kids at the party you could do a pin the tail feathers on teh duck. (make a big duck out of construction paper and  maek feathers for the kids to pin on)
Make duck shaped cookies
find a duck pinata
obviously a duck cake.

Can't think of anythign else right now.....hope that helps

Amy

"I can help you work from home.  No inventory, no selling, no parties, no kidding!"

www.themomteam.com/amymocny

JaxonsHotMomma
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 7:41 PM
I did that too for my DS's 1st bday. 
Oriental trading has lil' rubber duckie in all different kinds of themes.  Plus they have alot of neat stuff, all duckie related. 
Hobby Lobby also has a 3D duck cake mold that is awesome!  My mom made it for his cake & also for a friends baby showers.  for extra cake, we made a sheet cake & scooped out the middle, iced & made it look like a bath tub, rubber ducky included.  for bubbles we used flavored popcorn that was blue.  I beleive it was bubble gum flavored. 
But i was planninghis 1st bday befor ehe was born.  i had soooo much fun with it & i beleive you will too.  have a wonderful day & happy Birthday to the Birthday girl!
derricksmama410
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 10:55 PM
You could check party stores for plates and napkins with ducks on them. A lot of baby shower stuff has ducks on it. Candy making stores might have molds of ducks. You could buy gently used clothes with ducks on them and make a blanket, or pillow. Just cut out the ducks, and stitch them on. You could buy rubber ducks as decorations. They make a lot of different ones with different outfits. (my sister wants to do my bathroom in ducks.) they even make rugs in the shape of ducks. I like the cake idea too. Check out Easter stuff. Lots of ducks there, and baby stuff. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Heather&Derrick

"Don't be afraid. Whatever you got, show. Flaunt your personality, let them know your flow." -311

mylittleabby
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 12:26 AM
I was going to suggest Oriental Trading as well but I saw another Mom posted that already.  It may be too  late to order anything from anywhere unless you use the expensive shipping but you coul look at the stuff they have any maybe get some ideas.  Also, Birthday Express has a lot of stuff for birthdays and I know they have a duck theme.  You could check out their site for ideas.  Tonight we went to Wal-Mart and we walked down the party supply aisle and my daughter pointed out the ducky party supplies so they should have some stuff like plates and that if you are looking for that sort of thing.  I know they also have rubber ducks that they usually keep in the baby section that are under $1.00 if you were looking for favors.  I thought of doing a ducky theme for my daughter's first birthday too since her first word after Dada and Mama was duck but we went with Winnie the Pooh.  She still loves rubber ducks even now and she is almost 2.
abbeycakes1
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 1:01 AM

I hosted a duck themed baby shower for my cousin.  We bought a metal tub, filled it with the stuff you stick flowers in (I forgot what it is called), put cotton balls in (for bubbles) and stuck homemade duck shaped sugar cookies on sucker sticks in the foam.  We iced the cookies with the basic duck colors (yellow body, orange beak).  It was really cute.  It looked like the ducks were floating in the tub.  I wish I had a picture to show you.

rainbowkisses
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM

My son had a duck  theme party and I bought whistles shaped like a duck bill...you can get them ebay along with lots of duck theme stuff. I had blue Koolaid punch and had little rubber ducks floating around in it.....just check out ebay...plus this site id cool too....http://www.thejunglestore.com/Gift-Catalog/Duck-Gifts

MikeysMom22
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 9:49 PM
Ducky Cookie Cutter Favor

These would make a good party favor to tie on goodie bags :)
christlmomof2
by on Feb. 13, 2008 at 2:42 AM
I had a ducky theme for my DS's first birthday as well - because his third word was ducky too lol.  A few of the things I did was I made signs that said 'duck crossing' and drew a duck on it.  And then to place on the side walk to the entry of the party I cut 'duck flipper prints' out of felt and made it look like the duck walked to the party.  I bought cheap sand buckets in the toy section that have the shovels with them and filled them with chex mix and put 'duck feed' on the outside to sit on the tables for people to snack on.  I can't think of anything else right now but I know there was a ton more lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN