Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE help! nylon Butterflies

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 1:06 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1161 Total Views
I REALLY want to decorate my new baby girl (due in April) room with these and make some for SO's 6 yr old DD as well.

i am buying the material today. I have seen millions of these things on the internet and on ebay for sale, but no directions on how to make them yourself! i intend to try to figure it out on my own, but if someone has some info that would be WONDERFUL!

Here are a few photos of about what i want to make, yes i realize these are images from people selling them.

GardenLovingMom
aka Serianna

Free IconsFree Icons

Free Icons

by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
coolmommyof3
by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 2:21 PM
Wow, if you figure it out, let me know!!  I buy from bugs n blooms for my diaper cakes, and she is expensive!  So, I would love to make them, too.  I have found very little on the internet, so if you find something, let me know!!
auntietotty
by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 2:28 PM
I dont know how to make them, but my niece bought about 8 of those at Micheals for her baby's netting around her crib.  They were fairly inexpensive...and they had many colors. They had clips on them too.
marykaymama
by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 2:35 PM
I googled "how to make nylon butterflies" and some sites came up. I dont know how to post links but google it
lakotakat
by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 7:27 PM
Oriental Trading has kits that you can get/do, or even pre-made ones --
all at a very reasonable cost!

http://www.orientaltrading.com

They ship fast, too!!
partygaltoys4u
by on Feb. 11, 2008 at 8:27 AM
I have made some of these for a baby shower and my daughter... You can get some heavy wire and shape it like you want from the silk flower the dept... and then get some nylon stockings in the womens dept.. you simply slide the stockings over the wire carefully and then add your beads, ribbons and so on.... you can use another piece of wire to make a hook on the back to hang them....

Or you can go to hobby lobby and get them for like a $1.99 already made in all the spring colors right now...

hope this helps

Diamond Creek Candles
      www.diamondcreekcandles.com/c111 
         ~~~Come And Join The Fun~~~

beachbride
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Quoting partygaltoys4u:

I have made some of these for a baby shower and my daughter... You can get some heavy wire and shape it like you want from the silk flower the dept... and then get some nylon stockings in the womens dept.. you simply slide the stockings over the wire carefully and then add your beads, ribbons and so on.... you can use another piece of wire to make a hook on the back to hang them....

We did this in girlscouts. I couldnt remember EXACTLY how we made them. Thanks for the reminder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)