Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great gift for everyone

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2008 at 1:21 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 492 Total Views

Here is a great way to make personalized coasters.

1 large package of liquid epoxy

several plastic containers what ever shape you want just make them cheap as they are going to get destroyed.  I use my old butter containers.

Pictures, flowers, what ever your mind can come up with

Light sand paper

a sharp pair of scissors and a exacto knife

at least 1 straw and a couple Popsicle sticks and toothpicks

Decide what you want in the coaster.  I love pictures, Make sure it fits inside your container with about 1/4 -1/2 inch all the way around.   Mix half the epoxy, the ratio is 1/2 & 1/2 bottles in a large disposable container.  Pour epoxy into each empty container enough so that the bottom is completely covered.  Lightly tap containers on the table to raise air bubbles.  When the bubbles come to the top blow through the straw it will pop all the bubbles that have raised up.  Let set for about an hour then lightly place pictures on top (do not push to the bottom).  Use the toothpicks to move until objects are placed where you want them.  Mix remainder of epoxy carefully pour on top until pic is completely covered with a little extra.  Again tap and blow bubbles out.  Let set at least 24 hrs.  Use the scissors and exacto knife to cut the container away. Use the sand paper to lightly sand the sides down. 

These make great wedding,x-mas, birthday, anniversary gifts.  To clean them up just wipe down with a wet cloth.

Let me know how you all do.

mrsbd
by on Feb. 15, 2008 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
holleehobbee
by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 10:50 AM
Do you have a pic of it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)