Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Piano themed b-day

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2008 at 2:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 464 Total Views
Hi all!,
Thought I'd check with all you creative ladies for some ideas for my son's birthday. I'm doing a piano/music theme, and of course, cannot find anything locally or on the web!

I've checked birthday express. com and the closest they come is 50's music/theme.

Anyone have any ideas, please? I usually do a banner, streamers, balloons, and a posterboard size sign. I'll be using music notes, etc. and any piano clip art I find online, but was hoping to buy things instead of making (no time!) We're getting an ice cream cake from Cold Stone (he loves that), so that'll be easy enough!

Thanks so much for any ideas!
by on Feb. 15, 2008 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bekdcan
by on Feb. 19, 2008 at 12:47 PM

i've never done of seen a piano b.day theam but thats a really cool idea! i cant belive you can find anything! You can go it black and white balloons and the piano key colors umm i dont know how much time u have but as a party favor you could download songs on a CD and give them out

sorry wasn't better help
NovaChk
by on Feb. 19, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Thanks for your reply! This happens to me all the time -- I have themes and can never find any decor to go with them! (When my oldest child was younger, I had a Crayola theme for his bedroom, and had the hardest time finding ANYthing! I had to search the web and ebay and would sometimes get lucky.)

Same for my youngest son -- he has a Dr. Seuss theme and although I can find plenty of items, they are sooooo expensive!

The balloons are a good idea -- thanks!
JStolls21405
by on Feb. 20, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Depends on the age of the kids...you could turn straws into conducting wands and play some music for them to conduct, if you can find white wigs, you could turn them into Mozart....hmmm, I'm a pianist so I should have some more ideas for you, I'll think about it some more.
NovaChk
by on Feb. 21, 2008 at 3:20 PM
Thanks all! He'll be 14 and it's just family (not a full-on party). Those plates are great, but I just wish I could find them locally (w/shipping the cost is so high!)

The reason for my theme is because he's been taking piano lessons for almost 3 years and he's really gotten into it. He got a full-key electric keyboard for Christmas this year, which has helped him play better.

I have some ideas from all your suggestions. Thanks again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)