Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a holiday to me, any idea's

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 12:11 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 594 Total Views
My daughter is having her first baby in the beginning of June, her baby shower is April 27th.  I was wondering if any of you had any special idea;s for the shower, idea;s are much appreciated, Thanks,
Peggie
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortcake1978
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Are you looking for favor ideas, food, games?  About how many people are being ivited? Is she having a boy or a girl?

ferrisdaval
by on Mar. 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Does she have a layette chosen yet. When my sil recently had her baby she really like this jungle set. Her shower was pretty much centered around the "Welcome to the Jungle" theme. You can get a lot of ideas from browsing around "Party City" and stores of that nature.
Luckiladi720
by on Mar. 28, 2008 at 11:28 PM

She is having a boy. I was looking for a game or two, do you have anything in mind? We are going with a baby bottle theme, icluding centerpieces, and favors. And of coure blue...lol  Thanks for any help you can giveme....

ferrisdaval
by on Mar. 29, 2008 at 12:16 AM
There are lots of ideas to be found on the internet. One place is; http://www.baby-shower-games-etc.com/baby_shower_games.htm
There are many others. Hope you find the type of game you are looking for and
CONGRATS on the new grandbaby!
curveymama
by on Mar. 29, 2008 at 12:20 AM
if there are guys there this would be so fun and funny! my sister filled 3 baby bottles with juice and made the guys drink like a baby from the bottles and whoever finished first won a prize i think it was a bag of candy or something! it was so funny my father in law did it and his face was beat red! he was so embarassed!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Luckiladi720
by on Mar. 29, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Oh I am liking this, 2 funny!!! Thanks

wendyms
by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM
For a gift or a centerpiece you can make a diaper cake decorated to match her theme. You can find all kinds of instructions on them online. I made one for my sister-in-law and it was a hit. Here is a picture of it....
ferrisdaval
by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 5:15 PM
I love diaper cakes. They are so neat.  You did a great job on this. Better than the professional ones I've seen.
Quoting wendyms:

For a gift or a centerpiece you can make a diaper cake decorated to match her theme. You can find all kinds of instructions on them online. I made one for my sister-in-law and it was a hit. Here is a picture of it....

holleehobbee
by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Well you could buy cheap baby bottles and send invitations in them. 

I recently gave a baby shower for my son's kindergarten teacher from the class. We played baby bingo ( I had to keep it simple for them with pictures of gifts).  You can find these online and download them yourself to print.  Everybody will be paying attention to what her gifts are so they can keep up on their bingo card to win.

I also filled up a container (you could get a big baby bottle) with disposable nipples and let the kids guess how many.  The mother to be of course gets to keep the nipples and baby bottle.  I gave candy ring pops out as happies for the kids (candy flavored pacifiers - lol)!  I know this was centered around a kindergarten class but you could work around it.
Luckiladi720
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Wow!!  You ladies have given some great idea's and sites to work with , I appreciate all you r help..

Peggie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)