Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a holiday to me, any idea's

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is having her first baby in the beginning of June, her baby shower is April 27th.  I was wondering if any of you had any special idea;s for the shower, idea;s are much appreciated, Thanks,
Peggie
by on Mar. 27, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Replies (11-18):
VikkiMarie
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 10:55 AM
GOOD FOOD is always a hit, expecially with us, since it's a great way to sit around and relax. Popular games are word scrambles too. I love the invite in a bottle idea.
sexywhitechocol
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 11:08 AM
i did my sister baby shower and we did baby food jars and took off the label and tryed to guess what the flavor was it was pretty funny to see my moms face when she tryed some of themm you do a veggy and a sweet one them like oatmeal it was funny we also did cotton in a bowl and we blind fold the person and they have to  get a spoon and take out how many they can in a min. you have cotton ball all over but it fun or you do toliet paper mesaure you take toilet paper and see who comes close to mesauring her you get prizes who is ever close what we did for prize where we went to the dollare tree and got bath set stuff and made up set and we had little goody bad with candy and cute little baby stuff in it me and my mom also bought my sister a diaper bag and put all kind of stuff in it like 2 oufite to come home in socks a lillte hat a reciveing blanket and botties ,mittens and got my sister a robe and sleeper and a nightgown for the hosptial
gmcat
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 5:03 PM
It's kinda gross but it's so funny....Poopie diapers....get 3 or 4 disposable diapers and 3 or four different chocolate candy bars and put them in the microwave a few seconds to melt slightly and people have to guess what kind of candy bar is in each by smelling them.  
gmcat
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 5:06 PM
Here's an easy baby scramble we used, #9 was baby's name you can insert whatever you'd like and scramble it.
YABB EMSLARCB        

1. PERDIA
  2. LORSLERET
  3. CERPITAF
  4. LOTBET
  5. TNOILO
  6. TARTEL
  7. KACSECRR
  8. KCDYU
  10. POOMHAS
gmcat
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 5:08 PM

TV and Movie Kids

How well can you remember the names of the children who appeared in TV shows and movies that you’ve seen hundreds of times? 1 pt for each correct answer.

1.       Name Darth Vaders 2 kids in Star Wars.2.    Name the 6 Brady Bunch kids.3.    Name Fred and Wilma’s child on Flintstones.4.    Name that annoying kid next door on Family Matters.5.    Name Charles and Caroline Ingalls’ 3 daughters on Little House on the Prairie6.     Name Geo and Jane Jetson’’s 2 children ?7.    Name the kids who fall in love in Titanic8.    Name the 5 Huxtable kids on the Cosby Show9.     Name the 3 kids on the Simpsons.  Answers:  Luke Skywalker and Princess Lea Greg, Jan, Peter, Marsha, Cindy,  Pebbles Erkle Laura, Mary  Bart Buffy
gmcat
by on Mar. 31, 2008 at 5:19 PM
I love hosting parties and I also scrapbook so I would be making all the invites, centerpieces, wrap candy bars for favors, make banners and a scrapbook to match and anything else I could think of made of paper!  Congratulations, I know your excited.  I now have 2 darling grandbabies and being a grammy is the best thing ever!
Catalina28
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 10:11 PM

You can't have a baby shower without the clothespin game.  You give everyone who attends 1 clothespin & tell them that they can't say "BABY" &/or cross anything.  If they are caught whoever catches them gets to take their clothespin.  Whoever has the most at the end of the party is the winner.
Another game thats fun is "Thawing Baby".  You place mini babies in ice cube trays & fill with water & freeze.  When it's time to play the game you give everyone their froxen baby & tell them the object of the game is to see who can thaw their baby fastest without using any part of their body.  (besides their hand to hold baby)  At my sister's shower my cousin popped hers in the microwave, I ran mine under the water faucet.  I won.  It was a fun game. 

FarrieJenn
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 1:11 PM
my favorite baby shower game is the one where you pass around a tray of baby things (closepin, saftey pin, thermometer, cotton ball... ect.) and then the catch is when the tray goes away, the mom to be takes it out of the room.  Instead of asking the guests what was on the tray, you ask them what the mom was wearing.  It keeps everyone guessing!  My favorite baby gifts I have ever seen were first a box devided into two halvs, one for mommy and one for baby.  The mommy side had a bathrobe for the hospital (xxl of course) and the baby side had just one cute but inexpensive outfit.
My other favorite gift was a close basket with a rope on top that said pull here.  On the rope were a couple dozen onsies, a few from every size they make.  At the bottom of the close basket was a bottle of dreft.  As it wasn't my baby shower, I asked and she had only spent about $25 on the whole thing because she used 3packs of onsies, and just bought one in each size, and the basket came from the dollar store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)