Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does a wedding count as a holiday? :)

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2008 at 9:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 490 Total Views

I am engaged!! Woo Hoo! and I wanted to see if any of you very talented have any ideas for wedding invites :) I am not an uber crafty woman so simplicity (or great directions!) is much appriciated. We are getting married end of september  and the colors are the colors of fall... so oranges reds and yellows :) Thanks!

by on Apr. 12, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SummerHolloway
by on Apr. 12, 2008 at 9:25 PM
that should say very talented women...
babybunnyfufu
by on Apr. 13, 2008 at 12:28 AM
Congrats!! I am inviting you to join 2 groups that I belong too. Hope to see you there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/helpplanmywedding

http://www.cafemom.com/group/EWM
SummerHolloway
by on Apr. 13, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Thanks for the idea!
debj49
by on Apr. 14, 2008 at 3:50 PM
 If you are looking to save money. Here what  I did for invitations for my daughters wedding and my parents 50th wedding anniversary party I used My Microsoft Greetings Software. With the right paper you can make professional looking invitations at about 1/8 of the cost and have on them exactly what you want. I also did all the flowers for the wedding party and the decorations for the church. I did my parents flowers and the cake also.  You can get books with step by step instructions for the flowers. Everyone who wasn't close to us or part of the wedding party had no Idea that I had done them. They thought we had hired professionals to do them.

DEB J Owner/Administrator  

Moms With Adult Children, Raising Young Children Or Grandchildren  

http://www:cafemom.com/group/748                                                                              

auroragold
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 8:24 AM
I made my own invitations when we got married 7 years ago.

I bought quality card stock with gold edging (and matching reply cards) at a stationery store.  Fancy lettering from a quality printer and you they were just  lovely.

I was able to do RSVP cards, thank you cards, etc all from the same matching set of stock/envelopes.

I also did my own favors - flowers, centerpieces, etc.
Did them for a friend's New England fall wedding too.

Tell us if you want more ideas!
knitafish
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 4:26 PM
I have printed velum and put together announcements for friends before. It turned out very lovely. At my wedding, we bent hangers (the old metal ones I wanted to get rid of anyway) and put ivy around them, then 'planted them in pots'. The pots were painted in our color and had a big bow around them. This was used for extra decorations. We stamped a basket pattern on paper and cut that out in the shape of a basket. We put bird seed in little bags, then hot glued the bags in. When people went to throw rice at me for our wedding, they just had to undo the ribbon and project the seed in our direction :) . We have made the cutest bookmarks on our computer. Make a 1X5 chart .... put in your names, add a picture, add your poem, and cut it out of card stock. If you use regular nice paper, you can cold laminate it for cheap :) , also. We do this for the kids' bookmarks.
beachbride
by on Apr. 15, 2008 at 4:46 PM
I made my invitations through vistaprint.com. They were very affordable and personalized exactly how I wanted them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)