Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ideas for a Luau/Surfer birthday party?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 10:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 401 Total Views
We are doing a Luau / Surfer birthday party in mid-May for my 4 and 6 yr olds. We want to do it way cheap, but it to still be a hit. Any ideas or experiences?
by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
heavensent423
by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 11:05 PM
we have a luau every year at our preshool. one thing we did was use a digtal camera and laid a surf borad on a table coverd with a blue table cloth and put a fish net in the back ground. when then took pictures on a digtal camera with each child standing on the board it looked like they were surfing and once we printed the pic we gave it to the child it was a nice memory for them.
Live life to the fullest you only have one
aviatorswife
by on Apr. 20, 2008 at 11:08 PM
In 5th grade we had a luau and we made our own lays (sp?) by taking 2 ply toilet paper and running a threaded needle through the middle of it, scrunching it  and then pulling the two ply apart. Back then they made colored toilet paper which made it very pretty, not sure that they make that anymore.  We had a blast doing it. Our teacher was always coming up with fun stuff to do.

Sndrs7
by on Apr. 21, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Thanks ladies! Those are great ideas!
I still have a little under a month so we will see what I come else I can come up with!
Joperez
by on Apr. 21, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Not sure if this would help but if you have any DOLLAR TREES by you, that would be a great place to get A LOT of luau stuff. I have a bunch of Dollar Tree stores by me and they are filled with all Luau STUFF!

Just for registering on my site: http://www.youravon.com/michealperez I will send you a free gift. No obligation to buy a thing. Just register with me:)  Hey who doesn't like free, right:) Pass this along to your friends too!

Shop 24/7
www.youravon.com/michealperez

I sell AVON

mamak425
by on Apr. 21, 2008 at 6:03 PM
I work at a dollar tree ,and we have everything from balloons to plates, napkins. blow up flamingos,even grass skirts., & little bra tops to go with the skirts! Hope you have one where you live. That could really help you out! GOOD LUCK !!! Sounds like fun!
Mamak425
melissa1983
by on Apr. 24, 2008 at 11:44 AM
Im doing a luau/beach theme party for my son for his 4th birthday and I got all the stuff I could possibly want from orientaltrading.com I spent less than $100 too!

Melissa (24) SAHM, college student & wife to Jared (26) since Sept 2003

Mommy to Caleb (May 18, 2004), Cody (Dec 13, 2005) & Baby #3 (Dec 29, 2008)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

BlueCollarMama
by on Apr. 24, 2008 at 11:48 AM
We're having a Luau this July when my family comes to visit. We're ordering alot of the decorative stuff from Oriental Trading Co. and the rest we're getting from the Dollar Tree.

We're doing this special smoked pork with a tropical fruit glaze and there's gonna be alotta fruit, but that's about the extent I know because it's also supposed to be a belated baby shower for me.  

In Christ Alone,
Polly Jane 
"Greater love hath no man then this, that he lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13

http://www.autismspeaks.org/

If you don't like my grits... stay outta my kitchen!

melissa1983
by on Apr. 24, 2008 at 12:26 PM
Oh also, Im going to make my own cake for my son - he will be 4 and since I ordered him a sun pinata from oriental trading Im going to make 2 or 3 round cakes and cover them in yellow icing, I'll cut 1 of the cakes like a pie to use as the suns rays - Im thinking I'll do the rays in vanilla cake and the actual sun in choc :) I also want to either put real sun glasses on it with no arms or color some on there...

I also plan on visiting the $ tree too! lol that place is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Melissa (24) SAHM, college student & wife to Jared (26) since Sept 2003

Mommy to Caleb (May 18, 2004), Cody (Dec 13, 2005) & Baby #3 (Dec 29, 2008)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)