Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, I'm looking for a babyshower centerpiece

Posted by on May. 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1498 Total Views
I was on here awhile back and i saw a babyshower center piece that was really cute. Now i can't find it again. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please help. Thank You Karen
by on May. 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TiffanyR3
by on May. 29, 2008 at 5:21 PM
All I can remember is the diaper cake........They are way too cute!
Lynette
by on May. 29, 2008 at 5:34 PM
On the left of your screen when in this group you can go to the highlighted serch posts and click on that.

Here I did it for you http://www.cafemom.com/group/25285/boards/search_posts.php?keyword=baby+shower+&days=90&submit=search

Once in a women's world mag I saw a cute baby sock and baby wash cloth topiary.  The socks and things were rolled(to look kind of like a flower) and I'm assuming pinned to a foam ball that was on a stick in a pot.  So very cute!

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 2 and 5.  Living in WI.  Expecting baby #3 !

Mom-I-am
by on Jun. 1, 2008 at 5:26 PM
Me too!
Quoting TiffanyR3:

All I can remember is the diaper cake........They are way too cute!
I made some of these for my sister's baby shower. And now I even sell them! Here are some pics.
You can get very creative with these. If you need them for a lot of tables, you can make them with one layer and just add a topper of the shower theme. Like for my sister's shower we did rubber duckies. All of the center pieces were small-one layer diaper cakes with rubber duckies as toppers. Or you can even put fresh flowers in the middle.

I hope this helps. You can PM me if you need more hepl!

frostyone77
by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Do you know how to make that topiary? That sounds cute!

Once in a women's world mag I saw a cute baby sock and baby wash cloth topiary.  The socks and things were rolled(to look kind of like a flower) and I'm assuming pinned to a foam ball that was on a stick in a pot.  So very cute!

Visit My Group! Michiana Crafters and Scrappers

Lynette
by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 2:23 PM
I keep searching online to sind a picture of the topary idea but nothing is popping up like that, that is in my head so I'll hive a couple links that might help someone figure out how to do it.

Here is a link on how to make baby washclothes into roses
http://www.creative-baby-shower-ideas.com/washcloth-roses.html

Here is a link on how to make a candy topiary.  I would think you could alter it by using stick pins instead of glue to stick on baby washcloth roses and baby sock roses.  I think I would use a wooden dowel instead of cinnamon sticks
http://www.creative-baby-shower-ideas.com/candy-topiary.html

Here is a link on how to make a specifically baby shower center piece.  It's not what I'm picturing in my head but it is a topiary.
http://www.refresharticles.com/articles/babies-toddler/baby_shower_centerpieces.txt

Here is directions for baby sock roses

Baby Sock Roses: Using simple vases, some artificial flowers, baby's breath, floral wire, and several pairs of baby socks in the colors of your choice, you can easily make "roses" arranging them in the vases with the greenery. Tightly roll each sock, thinner fabrics work best, starting from the toe working to the open end, and then fastening with double-sided tape.

Experiment with rolling or folding the socks to achieve the desired look of petals, and then insert the floral wire and wrap the bottoms of the "flowers" in green floral tape before arranging in vases.

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 2 and 5.  Living in WI.  Expecting baby #3, due date 1/13/09 !

frostyone77
by on Jun. 4, 2008 at 1:50 PM
thanks! I kept looking for it online too and couldn't find it either, thats why i asked....LOL

I saw a pic, but it was blury. I have an idea in my head...i'll just have to play with it i guess. If I get it, i'll post it!

Visit My Group! Michiana Crafters and Scrappers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN