Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding gift?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 1:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 558 Total Views
My funds are extremly low...almost non-existant.
my best friend is getting married. Any ideas?

MyHotComments.comMyHotComments.com

come join me at Toledo Christians
Learn how to Pinch Pennies here

JOIN Toledo Active Moms here!!!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/43368/

by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shortcake1978
by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 2:51 PM

What about creating a recipe book for her. If you are close with her family, you could include some of their recipes.   I actually handwrote all of the recipes on cute recipe cards I got from AC Moore and bought a really pretty picture album to put them in.  The album was made of that papyrus paper with pressed flowers.  I think it was $10 and then a pack of cards were a $1.

QBLMOM
by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 3:32 PM
I think the recipe book idea sounds great!

You could either print a book off your computer, or get a cheap recipe box at Micheals and decorate it yourself. 

Or, how about a little gift basket for movie night.  You can do this fairly cheap!  Find a basket in your house, grab some microwave popcorn, get a $5 Redbox gift card*if there is such a thing :) * add some candy, and a sweet message about spending time with her new husband, cuddling on the couch watching movies.  Just be creative!

She isn't getting married to receive gifts!  All she needs to know is that you are her best friend and you support her new relationship!  Let her know that you are there for any situation that may come up in the future!
gran2carson
by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 7:29 PM
Take the wedding invitation and make a keepsake.

You will need a shadow box frame or any frame that has a deep off set from the glass,the wedding invitation,silk or dried flowers,craft glue,beads, etc.

Place the invitation on the inside of the backing of the frame and place flowers,ribbon,beads,scrapbooking diecuts,whatever you think will fit a wedding theme as long as it fits in your frame
You can use the color scheme of the wedding for the flowers and ribbon. 

Make sure you lay everything out before you glue so you can move things around to your liking. 
frostyone77
by on Jun. 4, 2008 at 3:06 PM
I had the same problem last wedding i attended. So I made a scrapbook page in their colors and left it blank (just Mats) so they could put their favorite pictures in it. I put it in a frame and wha-lah! They LOVED it!

You could do the same with their invitation, and leave room for a picture too.
 You can always take your own pictures and then give them their present later (after the wedding) in order to do it for them. Here are some samples (of course use their wedding colors, but the layouts may help)

Here is a Chipboard "coaster" Book. You can get the coasters for like $1 at the dollar store punch holes in them and cover with paper and tie together with ribbon in their color. You can also get the coaster "free" at a chain restraunt (i.e olive garden, applebee's etc) at the table or at the bar.) thats what I do! LOL

Just do like 4 or 5 pages with a wedding theme, Mr & Mrs, first kiss, cake, flowers. this is inexpensive to do because you can use the 12x12 paper and get several pages out of it and buy the $1 spools of ribbon. just attach the pics and maybe even take home thier match book or napkins or favors (if they use them) and try to incorporate it into the book for a 3D look.

Visit My Group! Michiana Crafters and Scrappers

stefaniejane
by on Jun. 4, 2008 at 7:20 PM
My college roomate has EVERYTHING... including tons of money, so I decorated one of those lunchbox tins for them to keep little tokens from their wedding... I just used some scrapbook wedding paper and stamps... ribbon I already had.  I also decorated two candles with their names and put them inside.... they loved it!  said that it meant more than other gifts because it was so personal.  I have a habbit of making gifts... another idea, print pics of them on tissue paper, then modge podge them onto tumbled 4" tiles ( like 50 cents each at Lowes) put some of those felt thingys for the bottom of chairs on the back and you have personalized coasters.
Stef
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)