Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Themed Birthday Party

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 374 Total Views
My children want an American themed birthday party in September. I plan on trying to make a great deal of our decorations so need some idea's right now so that I can get started. We're going to make some CD Door Hangers, that we'll hang up above the ceiling and various places. What are some other things we can make. They are also wanting to have a parade. So we'll be making some instruments and hats for that. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The soon the better, need to take advantage of a light summer to get these decorations made.

Mandy
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shortcake1978
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Try www.orientaltrading.com to get ideas, plus they have craft kits.

ihave3girls
by on Jun. 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM
I know you didn't ask about cakes but check this out

Wave your flag cake

Prep Time:
20 min
Total Time:
4 hr 25 min
Makes:
18 servings, one piece each
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1-1/2 cups  boiling water
1 pkg. (8-serving size) or 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Gelatin, any red flavor
  ice cubes
1 cup cold water
1 pkg.  (12 oz.) pound cake, cut into 10 slices
1-1/3 cups blueberries, divided
1 tub  (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

SLICE 1 cup of the strawberries; cut remaining strawberries in half. Set aside.

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice cubes to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted. Refrigerate 5 min. or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Meanwhile, line bottom of 13x9-inch dish with cake slices. Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake slices.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Spread whipped topping over gelatin. Arrange strawberry halves on whipped topping for stripes of flag. Arrange remaining 1/3 cup blueberries on whipped topping for stars. Store in refrigerator.

*Cass*

like cars? come check out this group Racing mommas and car gals.   http://www.cafemom.com/group/4126

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
maggie13
by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 12:38 AM

When my sister was little, my mother made her an American Theme party. She used streamers to swag all over the dinning room. My mother made hats. She even tied streamers to one chair (birthday person's chair).

You should see if some one has any rolled oat containers. You can make drums out of them and get some chop sticks for drumsticks.  You can take an old fashioned light bulb and paper mache it to make maracas. You could also make rain sticks.

You could make stars and add the names of the states; then hang them on the wall. Or use them if you make them small as mobiles hanging from places...you know make construction paper stars and lay a piece of yarn down, glue two stars together up the yarn (make sure the string is in the middle), and you could add some glitter.

You can take a paper towel tube and even t.paper tubes to make firecrackers. Ok so they look like them. Cut construction paper in strips and glue on to the tubes...red, white, and blue. Cut some stars and a few more stripes but a little more narrow. You will need to cut some chenniel pipe cleaners (white). Cut the cleaners in three sizes and clue double stars to them. Glue strips around the inside of the tube. Add the pipe cleaner stars. You can also make sure they stay put by adding a piece of construction paper to the bottom of the tube and then add some newspaper in the inside so that the pipe cleaners can stand up.

Hope this helps you get some ideas.

stefaniejane
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 12:18 AM
I would go to Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's or Michaels this weekend, or Monday when all the 4th of July decorations are discounted.
MikeysMom22
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM
Wow what a wonderful idea!!!!!
Quoting stefaniejane:

I would go to Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's or Michaels this weekend, or Monday when all the 4th of July decorations are discounted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)