Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have favors at your wedding? what were they? how much did you spend? Did you like them?

I had wedding bubbles... wedding bells... and chocolate roses. I wish I had spent more money and more time on them, because I feel like I kinda focused on everything BUT my favors.. and I feel like they are important to "thank" your guests for taking the time to come to the wedding. IDK, cant go back now, and its 4 years later, but I was curious!
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 1:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
ampinquoch
by on Sep. 6, 2008 at 6:58 PM

We didn't have wedding favors for our guests, and I didn't feel bad at all. :) We did feed them!

LauraS2008
by on Sep. 6, 2008 at 10:02 PM

At our wedding, we had bubbles (really wanted the pictures of us leaving the cruise and the bubbles floating around us) and wooden fans I bought online for $1.00 a piece (we were married on a ship in May in Texas...mid 80 degrees).

smiles777
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I went to a wedding and the couple made home made cd's of their favorite songs.  They had their pics on the front cover.  It was nice to listen too on the long drive home.

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 4:32 PM

We had bubbles at the lil chapel we got married at.  At the reception I had made chocolate roses in mini wine glasses wrapped in cellophane with rings and tags attached to them.  And chocolate rose suckers also wrapped with tags and I think doves on em.  LOTS OF WORK, so I don't feel bad about only having those.  I was a new Mom and planning my own wedding, I don't know how I found time to make 200 of each of those things!  I also did my own flowers.

Sissy_Girl
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:53 AM

At our wedding, we had Hershey Kiss roses.  You put two Kisses together bottom to bottom and wrap them in a square of tissue paper.  (almost like swaddling a baby)  Attach a stem with floral tape and it looks like a rose bud when done.  I saw them on Ebay for $1 each, but decided it would be cheaper to make them myself. 

proadoption
by on May. 23, 2010 at 11:52 PM

We got married June 2009 and I was definately a DIY bride.  And I had a blast doing it.  I sell PartyLite so our placecards/dinner choice cards were small votive holders with a candle in it.  They designated whether the guest wanted chicken or steak for dinner.  My ushers lit the candles once the guests sat down.  The wedding was in the evening so it gave it great ambiance.  And I also ordered pink/brown/cream M&M's with our Names an wedding dates on them.  I put them in some favor boxes we got from Michaels.  And last but not least, all guest got a small thing of bubbles to blow as we were walking back own the aisle.  So they went home with a lot.  Here are some pics.

This was the candle holders...Pink was chicken and brown was steak.  (Pink and brown were my colors)

Here was my table. You can see the candle holders, an the small treat boxes with the M&M's in them.  And I even made my own centerpieces.  They were vases with roses and had betta fish in them. 

Hope you enjoyed my photos. 

proadoption
by on May. 23, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Here we are walking back down the aisle with the bubbles being blown on us.  I was an emotional wreck.  LOL

maggie13
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Quoting proadoption:

Here we are walking back down the aisle with the bubbles being blown on us.  I was an emotional wreck.  LOL

You look so sweet covered in floating bubbles!

I loved all the ideas that you did for your wedding and reception! Thank you for sharing them!

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I was just at my niece's wedding.  They had a unique favor.  They recorded several songs....she played piano, he played bass and guitar and both did the vocals...and burned them into CDs for the wedding guests.  One of the songs was, "You've got a friend in me" from Toy Story.  A very thoughtful and unique favor.

Gimonkey
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:57 AM

My favors were one of my favorite things about my wedding!!!!!  I found the idea off of a Martha Stewart website and tweeked it to my needs.  I bought cheep juice glasses at a discount store in our area - I think they were 4 for a $1.  Filled the bottem of them with white rocks and then put floral moss on top of the rocks and set a Tulip Bulb ontop of that.  We then made a little square sign thanking guests for coming and asking them to plant the tulip in our name and remember the day - glued that to a popsicle stick and tied a ribbon around and stuck that in the moss like a plant marker.  They were so cute - we got married in September which is the perfect time to plant Tulips and the best part was the Tulips bloomed in April right after I had my baby girl and a guest brought me the Tulips in the juice glass while I was in the hospital!!!

I also had the bubbles, a silk book mark with a quote from the bible the date and our names and  and yellow chocolate roses at the church for the guest as they left!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)