Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Girl Scout patterns (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 2:16 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 2258 Total Views
I don't know if any of you ladies do this kind of craft but with over 2200 crafters I figured I'd give it a shot...

I'm a new Daisy leader for my daughters (soon to be starting in Sept.) Girl Scout troop.  I'm looking for any GS related plastic canvas patterns.  My idea is to make the girls "trefoil" Christmas ornaments for each of the girls.  I know it's only June but I figured start the sooner the better!  I'm also looking for just Girl Scout & Boy Scout patterns in general as well.    

Thanks for your help in advance,
May

P.S. This seems to be stumping me and everyone else I've asked...PLEASE HELP!!
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maggie13
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 2:51 AM
I could not find much but I did find this tresfoil on a site. It is to be printed but I am sure you could graph it to make it work.

here is the link,  http://www.makingfriends.com/scouts/gs_promise_pattern.htm

take care
1977Mommy
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 8:12 PM
That's awesome! I've been to that site before but I've never seen that...must not have been looking hard enough . Now my only problem is how do I graph something? I've never done that...sorry I'm being a pain .
maggie13
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 9:29 PM
Give me another day, I will see how to graph it for plastic canvas. I am on the computer a lot and can see what I can find for you.

Take care.
1977Mommy
by on Jul. 3, 2008 at 12:11 AM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!  UR AWESOME!!!

Like I said I'm looking to do it for Christmas, so a day or two is not gonna kill me...LOL!!
Happy 4th :-), May
MikeysMom22
by on Jul. 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM
This site is really awesome it has cross stitch for the girl scout trefoil that you are looking for as well as a lot of other Brownie and Girl Scout information about badges etc.
Here is the link to the home page and to the sewing/craft projects where I saw the patterns. Hope you find this very useful!!!!

Scouting Web Home

Scouting Web Sewing Resources

1977Mommy
by on Jul. 6, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Thank you but I've been there already and seached the site and the links.  All they have is Counted Cross-Stich and the one Plastic Canvas link "can not be found".  Thanks for trying though.  I'm starting to think this is a losing battle .

Quoting MikeysMom22:

This site is really awesome it has cross stitch for the girl scout trefoil that you are looking for as well as a lot of other Brownie and Girl Scout information about badges etc.
Here is the link to the home page and to the sewing/craft projects where I saw the patterns. Hope you find this very useful!!!!

Scouting Web Home

Scouting Web Sewing Resources

maggie13
by on Jul. 6, 2008 at 4:22 PM
awww, don't give up yet.
I am still trying to find it. I am going to give it a try and then I will email you. I just need a little more time.
Take care.

Maggie
MikeysMom22
by on Jul. 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM
I hear ya I don't do counted cross stitch either.  I am sure you will find something. It sounds like someone else had an idea for you as well. Good luck, it sounds like a really great idea!
1977Mommy
by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all who are trying to help me :-)
FarrieJenn
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 8:48 AM
If you can't find the pattern you are looking for, and sometimes it is pretty difficult, you can always draw it out on graph paper.  that makes a good patern.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)