Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Halloween Costumes?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2008 at 7:05 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 1504 Total Views

I was just wondering if anybody here is or has made any kids halloween costumes? I need some ideas to run past my kids, my 4 year old daughter wants to be a duck, I think I can pull that one off. Then I have my son who is 8, and doesn't know yet. Photos and all ideas welcome!

http://cafemom.com/group/proudcubscout

by on Aug. 3, 2008 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jandjsmom71
by on Aug. 4, 2008 at 6:39 PM

One year my oldest son was an umpa-lumpa (from Willie Wonka) and that was a task since I had to make the entire costume from scratch and my youngest son was a train that we made out of a box.  They were both cool.

saschasmama
by on Aug. 5, 2008 at 7:35 AM

My son has been Dumbo (hard to make don't recommend), Spiderman, Batman, and a Soldier. The soldier costume was by far the easiest to make. I used a McCall's pattern and an old army uniform a friend gave us for material. This year he is going to be a cowboy (really should start that soon). Good luck!

Cathy

Mommy to Tyler

Wife to Doug

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Aug. 5, 2008 at 7:59 AM

i am making my little girl an autumn fairy costume.  here's the link to the journal post i wrote about it for pictures and an instructional viseo i found on youtube.

autumn fairy

TAG_ur_it
by on Aug. 5, 2008 at 11:59 AM

for my son's first halloween he was a scarecrow (so cute.) the next year he was a construction worker (i had no idea who bob the builder was at the time..he was only 2 and didnt watch tv) a cowboy for 2 years, spiderman, a ninja and a Knight.  yep that makes 7.  not sure what he'll be this year, but all but the spiderman and ninja costumes were homemade

rdmcfann
by on Aug. 6, 2008 at 3:00 AM

I do not know how much help this will be but for my youngest daughter's first Halloween I had a doozy of a time trying to find a costume that I thought would be cute enough and stlll fit her because of the fact that she was 8 months old but the size of a newborn. I ended up coming up with the idea of making her into a bag of Sugar Babies since she loves to give "Sugars" (kisses). Here is what turned out.

efeyer25
by on Aug. 7, 2008 at 1:13 AM

I plan to make all 3 of my kids's costumes this year. My son is going to be a LEGO, oldest daughter wants to be prom queen & my yougest daughter hasn't decided yet. The Lego is really cute! If you want instructions just let me know!

godotherightthi
by on Aug. 7, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Hey all!  New to group, saw this post and had to share...

Last year my son was 3 1/2 and he was a jedi, I found a brown bathrobe at goodwill and altered it to fit him, he had a toy lightsaber and I even made a "tail" which he clipped to his hair and spiked the top.

My daughter was 2 and really didn't know what she wanted to be, so I made her an Ewok costume.  I found a cheap teddy bear costume at Wal-Mart, made a "leather" head covering for it out of faux swede material and some leather teather/thread stuff to accent it, it even had ear holes.  She also had a necklace made out of beads that were shaped like bones. 

They both turned out really cute, I was super excited and so were they!

Carrie131
by on Aug. 7, 2008 at 1:00 PM

I have two costumes for sale:
A PUMPKIN &
A TIGER
They would both fit maybe a 2-4 yr old. Email me for more specifics.
Each will be $5 plus
$3-4 for shipping.

mandyliz
by on Aug. 8, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Lynette
by on Aug. 8, 2008 at 3:07 PM

here is a link I found for a no sew duck costume

http://sewing.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.kidsdomain.com/craft/hall%2Dduck.html

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 2 and 5.  Living in WI.  Expecting baby #3, due date 1/13/09 !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)