Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Halloween Costumes?

I was just wondering if anybody here is or has made any kids halloween costumes? I need some ideas to run past my kids, my 4 year old daughter wants to be a duck, I think I can pull that one off. Then I have my son who is 8, and doesn't know yet. Photos and all ideas welcome!

http://cafemom.com/group/proudcubscout

by on Aug. 3, 2008 at 7:05 PM
Replies (21-24):
babykist
by on Aug. 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM

I tried to find pictures but I can't get to them at the moment. I made my family Harry Potter characters last year, but not with typical costumes! Hubby was Voldemort, 2 kids were Harry and Hermione, the littlest one was Hedwig the owl, and I was Belatrix Lestrange. I found the kids capes and we took the lenses out of some reading glasses for Harry. I made them burgandy and striped ties and make grey vests out of fleece. I also made striped fleece scarves. I wittled sticks into wands and spray painted them. I made Hedwig out of white fleece and hot glued a white feather boa to the back and to a hat. I made eyes to go on top and a little beak out of felt. I like this idea because many of the items you can find at a thrift store like black pants and tights, I made a skirt out of grey fleece for my girl, and you can make any one of the characters. We won a contest with these. I like using fleece because you don't have to hem it!

crazycorkymom
by on Aug. 22, 2008 at 8:55 AM

One year my mom made my oldest son a Dalmatian. We just bought a white sweat suit ,cut circles out of black material and pinned them on the sweat suit. She stuffed a tail and we also pinned that on. For ears we put them on a headband. He was not even 5 years old when we did that. He is now almost 16 and does not dress anymore. If he does he goes as himself or a firefighter, which is also him.

Good luck. I need to figure out 2 coustums of my own for this year. For a 9 and 10 year old. scarecrow

redrose2681
by on Aug. 22, 2008 at 9:01 AM

My son was Yoda last year and will be Darth Vader this year. My dh idea, if it were up to me he would be something cute. I have to say he was an adorable Yoda.

mybabiesRmywrld
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 3:58 AM

My son was a Chick Magnet.  I made a magnet out of felt and made chicks out of pom pom's and I even found a shirt at wal-mart that said chick magnet.  I saw somewhere that hung barbies from the magnet and called it a babe magnet.  Sorry no pics of him in it my camera's battery died.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)