Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween costume ideas

Posted by   + Show Post

Last year I made my daughter a lamb costume and I am stuck for what I will make this year. I was originally thinking a hershey kiss but would'nt know where to begin- or maybe some kind of animal again. Any ideas?

by on Aug. 21, 2008 at 4:17 PM
Replies (11-17):
babykist
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM

You can get it at Joanns or Walmart. Walmart does not have a big selection but that also depends on the store. Hobby Lobby also has it. It comes in bolts just like any other fabric. If you live in a small town you might have a harder time finding it but if you don't then it is relativley abundant! Especially this close to Halloween.

Quoting mandyliz:

Could I get the foux fur at a craft store? I wonder if I would have to order things off the net? What do you think?

Quoting babykist:

There are plenty of fabrics that would work, like fleece, but I think the foux fur would look the best.

mandyliz
by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM

Hobby Lobby! Great idea! I will check there.

ans082985
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 9:51 AM

You could also buy sweatpants and a matching hoodie that are that light yellow'brown color (or get white and dye it...or golden yellow, and die it with some brown on top.  Then, glue a boa on and add some felt ears.  If you want, you can make a sign that says "Don't Feed The Lion" and then cross out the "Don't" with a red x. 

babykist
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 11:38 AM

I love the sign idea! SOOOO cute!!!

Quoting ans082985:

You could also buy sweatpants and a matching hoodie that are that light yellow'brown color (or get white and dye it...or golden yellow, and die it with some brown on top.  Then, glue a boa on and add some felt ears.  If you want, you can make a sign that says "Don't Feed The Lion" and then cross out the "Don't" with a red x. 

Willsmom80
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I njust bought the Taste of home Halloween magazine.   It has THE COOLEST IDEAS!!!!  It has costume ideas with instructions and reciepes.  they have ideasn for  a jester for a baby and all you need is a onesies, socks, fiberfill and bells.  what could be easier??  WHEN i GET  HOMME i WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO COPY THEM FOR YOU. 

Becky

Loving Girlfriend, Mommy, & Furmom To

Jr, Will, & Lucky

~~~The Avon Lady~~~

www.youravon.com/bkoester

mandyliz
by on Sep. 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM

VERY cute idea!

Quoting ans082985:

mandyliz
by on Sep. 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Thanks so much!

Quoting Willsmom80:

I njust bought the Taste of home Halloween magazine.   It has THE COOLEST IDEAS!!!!  It has costume ideas with instructions and reciepes.  they have ideasn for  a jester for a baby and all you need is a onesies, socks, fiberfill and bells.  what could be easier??  WHEN i GET  HOMME i WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO COPY THEM FOR YOU. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)