Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Enchanted Forest/Woodland Fairy party

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 8:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 4875 Total Views

Even though I have a lot of plans for a party with a Woodland Fairy theme - I figure that it never hurts to get MORE ideas because hey, they might be better!  Besides - I don't have favors figured out yet so..........

Here's the outline:

-it'll be an inside party (Massachusetts in December ya know) - a room will be transformed into an enchanted forest
-the guests are 7 -9 years old
-it is a WOODLAND fairy  (not pink fairy princess) party
-foods will either have woodland animal names (toad-in-the hole) or look like woodland plants and/or creatures (acorns, leaves, mushrooms, mice, toads, etc.)

I think that I have most figured out but I'm always looking for more menu ideas - especially ones that don't involve candy or sweets

For the craft - I'm pretty sure that I'll have the girls make Fairy Houses.  We'll go on some hikes in the next few months (before cold weather sets in) and collect natural items to make them.

I saw some ADORABLE toadstool "stools" for party decor and seating but no way am I trying to sew up and stuff 6 large mushrooms!  I also thought to use some stumps (bug free hopefully) so I'll have to keep my eye out for people offering downed wood.

I may do a "quest" because DD LOVES LOVES LOVES quests and hunts.

I don't have favors planned yet but won't be doing bags of pixie dust.   Last year for our Halloween Party I had the girls (pretty much the same guest list)  fill muslin cloth bags with potpourri and say a special "spell" over them.  And the pixie dust was done at another party.

Wands have been done (we did unicorn horn wands from homemade dough last year at halloween).

So - feel free to weigh in with any thoughts!

by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvcallalilies
by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Make "halos"... make the wire halo for their head, then let them decorate it by twisting flower garlands and ribbon around it, have ribbon hanging down from the back. This is also a great take home "goodie.'

You are Invited to Our Group: Christian Celebrations

babykist
by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 1:02 PM

I found this along with everything this Mother did for her daughters Woodland Fairy Party. I've included the link. Here are just a couple of the things she did I thought were cute. There's actually an entire page dedicated to this party.

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/fairy_parties_10.html

On the blank side of the invitation, I wrote a poem.  Peek into the garden, and what will you see?  A beautiful fairy, sitting under a tree.  Her name is Morganne, and she's turning six.  Won't you join her for a party, full of dancing and tricks?  The good fairies there will help you earn your wings. And we'll play games together, with pretty fairy rings.

I made Morganne's Magic Fairy Dust necklaces and sachets! I ordered heart shape vials from ebay, filled them with glitter, and tied a purple ribbon to each for the necklaces.  I filled a small plastic baggie with glitter, tied it with a ribbon, and placed it in a pretty fabric pouch for the sachets. I tied the necklaces to the pouches, and then attached a card with a picture of a sleeping fairy and a poem Fairy love and fairy light, Bring sweet dream to me tonight. Every night as a lie in bed, A sprinkle of fairy dust upon my head. Fast asleep, I curl up tight, As fairies guard me through the night. Each new day I greet the sun, Ready for more magic fairy fun.

auroragold
by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Thanks for your notes thus far - that IS a good website, isn't it?  I've had that site bookmarked for years getting ideas for parties.   Matter of fact - I think I submitted one once.

Anyhoo....I didn't list everything I had planned/thought of

The floral crowns are a definite. I had planned on making them in advance and giving them out when the party started but I'll consider having that as part of a craft instead.

Contemplating facepainting (woodland style) as well but need to practice my hand first!

We are currently collecting acorns and I'll drill a hole in them for stringing - maybe add some bells and flowers between them.

In one of the goodies (probably the coconut ice mice) - I'll put a charm inside one of them to have someone win a prize.

We've been pressing flowers all summer with the idea of using them in a craft.  I'm sure that we'll use some for invitations.  DD also has been bugging me to "make paper" so I've been collecting items for that. I think that Enchanted Forest invitiations on homemade paper with pressed flowers from our garden will be lovely.

DD has requested that daddy serve as THE TROLL (or the OGRE either one) LOL. 

Sigh.......December is so hard. I should have done a 1/2 birthday party in June with this them OUTSIDE in our yard

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 2:15 PM

TO set the mood in the house, cover the windows with green tissue paper.  You can then cut a tree out of brown construction paper and put on top of the green tissue paper.  Maybe even add some glitter to round out the fairy theme.  This adds a nice feeling and quality of light to your party.

I've used this for parties with the following themes...an under the sea (blue tissue with fish) and a think pink (red tissue paper with pink paper over it) and halloween (orange paper with black bats, witches hats and brooms) works best for day time parties.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

auroragold
by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 2:27 PM

I NEVER thought of covering the windows!

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT IDEA!!!

It'll work fantastically too. The room for the party is the lower level of my split ranch so it tends to be dim to start with.  The paper will make it more of a forest.

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Simple AND cheap!

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Quoting auroragold:

I NEVER thought of covering the windows!

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT IDEA!!!

It'll work fantastically too. The room for the party is the lower level of my split ranch so it tends to be dim to start with.  The paper will make it more of a forest.

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Simple AND cheap!

I'm glad you think so!  It really helps set the mood for several kinds of parties!  Have fun and make sure you take pictures of the party...sounds like a lot of fun!

rdmcfann
by on Sep. 8, 2008 at 6:16 PM

If you still have plenty of pressed flowers left over from the invites, maybe gather a lot of little twigs and twine and let the girls make their own picture frame with flowers to be accents.

Quoting auroragold:

Thanks for your notes thus far - that IS a good website, isn't it?  I've had that site bookmarked for years getting ideas for parties.   Matter of fact - I think I submitted one once.

Anyhoo....I didn't list everything I had planned/thought of

The floral crowns are a definite. I had planned on making them in advance and giving them out when the party started but I'll consider having that as part of a craft instead.

Contemplating facepainting (woodland style) as well but need to practice my hand first!

We are currently collecting acorns and I'll drill a hole in them for stringing - maybe add some bells and flowers between them.

In one of the goodies (probably the coconut ice mice) - I'll put a charm inside one of them to have someone win a prize.

We've been pressing flowers all summer with the idea of using them in a craft.  I'm sure that we'll use some for invitations.  DD also has been bugging me to "make paper" so I've been collecting items for that. I think that Enchanted Forest invitiations on homemade paper with pressed flowers from our garden will be lovely.

DD has requested that daddy serve as THE TROLL (or the OGRE either one) LOL. 

Sigh.......December is so hard. I should have done a 1/2 birthday party in June with this them OUTSIDE in our yard

yvernau
by on Sep. 9, 2008 at 10:32 AM

if you rip the tissue paper in loooong stripes you can hang them from the ceiling... kind of like a willow tree

Yvonne

lilysmom816
by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM

For a non-sweets food item, you could do ants on a log....celery filled with peanut butter with raisins on top.

kmowell
by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM

If you have grapevines available you could make halos out of these. My daughter plays with my wreaths all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN