Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yummy Pumpkin Recipes!!! Share your pumpkin recipes here!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM
  • 61 Replies
  • 4458 Total Views

I am a huge fan of fall, Halloween, and all things harvest! I love the sweet aroma of pumpkin bread baking in my kitchen.

The pumpkin is the symbol for the season and there are so many great recipes out there for sweet and savory pumpkin dishes.  I am providing a link to some great pumpkin based treats, but I would really love for you all to share your favorite pumpkin recipes here!

by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Sep. 14, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Here is a link to my favorite pumpkin bread recipe!!! You must try it it is delightful!!

michiganmom116
by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese

1 c. cooked pumpkin

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

8 oz. Cool Whip

Blend 1st 4 ingredients together, fold in the Cool Whip.  Put in graham cracker crust and chill until set.

michiganmom116
by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Pumpkin Roll

3 eggs

1 c. sugar

3/4 c. flour

2/3 c. pumpkin

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

3/4 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together.  Grease bottom of a cookie sheet that has sides and cover bottom with a piece of waxed paper, grease again.  Flour the pan.  Pour batter in pan and sprinkle 1/3 c. chopped nuts on batter if desired.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.  Turn out on towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.  Peel waxed paper off of cake.  Fold sides and end of towel over cake and roll up from the short end.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Filling:

8 oz. cream cheese

3 Tbsp. butter or margarine

1 c. powdered sugar

Mix together until smooth.  Unroll cake, spread filling, reroll cake.  Place on a platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until served.

michiganmom116
by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Pumpkin Oat Bran Muffins

1 1/2 c. oat bran

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. all purpose flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp salt

1 c. mashed cooked pumpkin

1/2 c. milk

2 egg whites, lightly beaten

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.  Combine rest of ingredients and stir well.  Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.  Spoon into paper lined or well greased muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.  Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.  Remove from pan immediately.

michiganmom116
by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread

3 eggs, lightly beaten

2 c. sugar

1 c. mashed cooked pumpkin

1 c. margarine or butter, melted

1 Tbsp. vanilla

3 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

1/2 tsp. ground cloves

1 c. shredded peeled zucchini

1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.  Mix eggs and sugar together, then stir in the pumpkin and butter.  Stir dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture.  Mix well.  Stir in the zucchini and nuts.  Divide into pans and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the loaves test done.  Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

melissa1983
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM

At the risk of sounding stupid I had NO idea what could be made with pumpkins! other than carving them and baking the seeds to eat! Im in shock! lol Sorry I have no cool stuff to share but Im going to be trying out alot of this stuff this year!

Melissa (25) SAHM, college student & wife to Jared (27) since Sept 2003

Mommy to Caleb (May 2004), Cody (Dec 2005) & Dana (Dec 2008)

Visit my Custom Crochet Website at: http://www.freewebs.com/melissaricecustomcrochet/

sburst
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 8:46 AM

dont feel stupid i had no clue also...lol

Quoting melissa1983:

At the risk of sounding stupid I had NO idea what could be made with pumpkins! other than carving them and baking the seeds to eat! Im in shock! lol Sorry I have no cool stuff to share but Im going to be trying out alot of this stuff this year!

AmberGeesey
by on Sep. 20, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Here's a recipe that I got from a friend.  These are DELICIOUS!!!

Pumpkin Cookies

1 Cup of Sugar

1 Can of Pumpkin

1/2 of shortening (I use margarine)

2 Cups of flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinammon

1/4 tsp salt

Bake at 375, 8-10 minutes

Frosting drizzle:

2 Cups Powder Sugar, 1 tsp Vanilla, 1-2 tsp milk, 1/4 Cup margarine

A few things I've learned about these cookies over the years!!  The dough is pretty sticky and messy. I sort of just blob it into piles on the cookie sheet!  And 375 is always wayyyyy too high for my oven!! It's more like 325, for about 6 minutes!!  But that will just depend on your oven!  The other thing is the frosting drizzle,  well, I just put a little butter with the powder sugar, a little vanilla and add milk until it's runny enough but not too runny.  And it's best to put it on while they are warm, then it runs off the sides nicely!!

hirschikiss22
by on Sep. 20, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Pumpkin Squares

Crust:

1 package yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup)

1/2 cup melted butter

1 beaten egg

Mix the above and put into a 9X13 greased pan.

Filling:

1 13 oz. can of pumpkin

1/2 c sugar

1 1/2 t cinnamon

3/4 t nutmeg

1/2 t salt

2 eggs, beaten

2/3 c evaporated milk

Mix filling ingredients and pour over crust.

Topping:

1 c reserved cake mix

1/4 c sugar

1/2 t cinnamon

2 T softened butter

Mix until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Sep. 21, 2008 at 8:57 AM

yummy pumpkin cupcakes:  click the pic for the recipe!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)