Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yummy Pumpkin Recipes!!! Share your pumpkin recipes here!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a huge fan of fall, Halloween, and all things harvest! I love the sweet aroma of pumpkin bread baking in my kitchen.

The pumpkin is the symbol for the season and there are so many great recipes out there for sweet and savory pumpkin dishes.  I am providing a link to some great pumpkin based treats, but I would really love for you all to share your favorite pumpkin recipes here!

by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
lynette737
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 2:29 PM

I have to make this every thanksgiving for my family, I also make this year round when I have a pumpkin craving.  I serve this with vanilla ice cream or cool whip.

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1- 15 ounce can pumpkin
  • 1- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg*
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger*
  • 1/2 teaspoon cloves*
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • ----
  • 1- 18.25 ounce yellow cake mix**
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 3/4 cup or 1-1/2 sticks butter, melted

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9x13 pan. Completely combine 1st set of ingredients. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cake mix. Gently pat down with spoon. Sprinkle with nuts. Drizzle with butter. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool and cut in squares.

* Or use 4 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice or Mixed Spice.

Jenn7392
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 5:24 PM

These are a family favorite around my house.  Hope you enjoy them!

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

Cake:
3 cups  flour
1 tsp.  powder
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
½ tsp. cloves
2 ½ cups brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla

Filling:
2/3 shortening
1 stick cold butter, cut into slices
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Cake:  Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
And set aside.  In another bowl, cream
Sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla.
Mix wet and dry ingredients.  Scoop
Cookie scoops of batter onto a
Greased cookie sheet and bake at
350~ for 12 minutes.  Cool on rack.

Filling: Combine shortening and butter
In a small deep mixing bowl.  Beat with
An electric mixer on high speed until
Smooth and fluffy.  In a separate bowl,
Combine powdered sugar, evaporated
Milk, vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin
Pie spice in medium speed until well
Combined.  Add shortening mixture
To sugar mixture.  Beat on high speed
Just until stiff peaks form.  Cover and
Refrigerate.

Spread spoonful of  filling on one cake
And top with another cake.  Store  in
The refrigerator.

valliegirl
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Super Easy Weight Watchers Pumpkin Cake

1 box Spice cake mix

1 15oz can of pumpkin

Mix together (it will be difficult...give your mixer a work out)

Bake at 350 for about 25-30 min (until toothpick comes out clean)

Serve by iteself or store bought cream cheese icing! 

If you're a WW it's approx 1 point a piece!

Justanks
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Just know that there are cooking pumpkins and carving pumpkins. Don't use the carving ones to bake with. The cooking ones are way smaller and meatier. They will be in the produce section at a lot of grocery stores, I know Trader Joes has them right now.

Quoting melissa1983:

At the risk of sounding stupid I had NO idea what could be made with pumpkins! other than carving them and baking the seeds to eat! Im in shock! lol Sorry I have no cool stuff to share but Im going to be trying out alot of this stuff this year!

abbys_mom_41206
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM

I made this Pumpkin Cake last year for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit!  It's not as hard to make as it looks and it is soooooo yummy!

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/cookingschool/videos/videoplayer.htm?vid=971

Kassi

Joyzap2003
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 7:57 AM

I make pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies every year using fresh/frozen pumpkin.  I haven't used canned pumpkin since I was about 10 years old.  it was my job to make the pumpkin pies for thanksgiving dinner and while I was reading the can I noticed that one of the ingredients was carrots.  Carrots do not belong in pumpkin pie and I told my mother that I would never use canned pumpkin again and if she wanted me to mke the pies she needed to figure out a way to freeze pumpkin.

To freeze pumpkin; You can cut your jack-o-lanterns into medium size pieces and cut out any black spots that are there from the candles and remove any wax or you can use pumpkins that you've bought just for freezing.  Place pumpkin pieces into a large pot 4-quart or bigger cover with water and the lid on the pan.  Cook on high heat until water boils and then turn heat down to low or medium-low and cook until pumkin is tender.  Remove pan from heat and let cool.  Drain pumkin, peel and then blend until smooth using either your food processor or blender..when I was a kid we used a potato  masher to mash up the cooked pumpkin.  Measure out the amount of pumpkin you need for pies..my Grandmother's recipe calls for 3-1/2 cups or for cookies...the recipe I use calls for 1 cup...and place into freezer bags or plastic containers.  You can use frozen pumpkin exactly the same  way as canned pumkin

nataliesmommy
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Thanks i was going to ask about this..

Quoting Justanks:

Just know that there are cooking pumpkins and carving pumpkins. Don't use the carving ones to bake with. The cooking ones are way smaller and meatier. They will be in the produce section at a lot of grocery stores, I know Trader Joes has them right now.

Quoting melissa1983:

At the risk of sounding stupid I had NO idea what could be made with pumpkins! other than carving them and baking the seeds to eat! Im in shock! lol Sorry I have no cool stuff to share but Im going to be trying out alot of this stuff this year!

nataliesmommy
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 12:48 PM

can you use can pumpkin?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese

1 c. cooked pumpkin

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

8 oz. Cool Whip

Blend 1st 4 ingredients together, fold in the Cool Whip.  Put in graham cracker crust and chill until set.

shygurlheidi
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM

This is the best cake I used to make it all the time, but havent lately ((I think I will make this tonight)) it is so moist I would put it in a bundt pan and make the powdered sugar glaze and drizzle it on top of it while still warm.  thank's for putting this on there b/c I forgot how long to cook it and the temp not sure if it verys in a bundt pan though I think I used the temp and time's that where on the cake box but not possitive.

Quoting valliegirl:

Super Easy Weight Watchers Pumpkin Cake

1 box Spice cake mix

1 15oz can of pumpkin

Mix together (it will be difficult...give your mixer a work out)

Bake at 350 for about 25-30 min (until toothpick comes out clean)

Serve by iteself or store bought cream cheese icing! 

If you're a WW it's approx 1 point a piece!

sunnymum
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 5:48 PM

I made these pumpkin pie snickerdoodle bars this week, and they were very yummy, even without the addition of the white chocolate drizzle. They are really heavy though, so maybe next time, I would try making only half of the cookie layer. I think it would be just as good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN