Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yummy Pumpkin Recipes!!! Share your pumpkin recipes here!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a huge fan of fall, Halloween, and all things harvest! I love the sweet aroma of pumpkin bread baking in my kitchen.

The pumpkin is the symbol for the season and there are so many great recipes out there for sweet and savory pumpkin dishes.  I am providing a link to some great pumpkin based treats, but I would really love for you all to share your favorite pumpkin recipes here!

by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
paperlace59
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Thank You Ladies for all the great pumpkin recipes.  I have so many pints of canned pumpkin that I should use up...so I have been happily copying and pasting to my hearts content!!

BRAVO!!

In walking, just walk.  In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.  Yun Men

scout_mom
by on Oct. 25, 2008 at 3:23 PM

No Cook Pumpkin Mousse

I found a similar recipe in a magazine (and then lost the magazine). Our version is made with all sugar-free items since we have a family full of diabetics.

1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 (6 serving) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups (8 ounces) sugar-free whipped topping
1/4 cup low fat milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

With an electric mixer, beat together pumpkin, pudding mix, milk and cinnamon. Fold in whipped topping and spoon into serving dish. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This recipe makes 10 servings with a diabetic exchange of 1 carb.

crazymomoftwins
by on Oct. 25, 2008 at 6:43 PM

you guys are going to make me look like a pumpkin after i try ALL of these recipes!!!LOL  I LOVE pumpkin anything.  I don't know what it is but you're right as soon as fall hits it's time to break out the pumpkin recipes.  I'll have to see what i have and post.  Everything sounds Delicious!!!

family carTyler and Riley's Mama

dalila1
by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 2:00 PM

That's so funny, I just found the recipe and made them last week too. But what I did is use a square 10x10 springform pan and cut the crust recipe part in half, it just seemed like it would be too thick and I am glad I did, half seemed just right, I added cinnamon to the crust mixture (about1/2 tsp). I did do the the white chocolate drizzle, Ghirardelli has a new white chocolate bar called Vanilla Dream which has specks of vanilla bean in it, so I used that. Also I would cut down on the flour by half because I would have liked them more gooey and the flour made them thick.

Quoting sunnymum:

I made these pumpkin pie snickerdoodle bars this week, and they were very yummy, even without the addition of the white chocolate drizzle. They are really heavy though, so maybe next time, I would try making only half of the cookie layer. I think it would be just as good.

laurenday5
by on Oct. 29, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I am so glad I shortcut this!

shirley611
by on Nov. 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes

18paper baking cups\

18 gingersnap cookies

12 ounces cream cheese, softened

3/4 cup sugar

1 tbl corn syarch

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

2 eggs

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/3 cup lite syrup

Place paper baking cups in muffin pans. Place 1 gingersnap in each cup. Beat cream c., sugar corn starch and pumpkin spice until well mixed. Add eggs pumpkin and syrup. Beat it. Pour filling into cups and bake in oven (325F) for 30 to 35 min

sgr123
by on Nov. 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Pumpkin Butter

Ingredients:

1 can (29 ounces) pure pumpkin

1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup honey

2 tablespoon lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

2 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:

COMBINE pumpkin, sugar, honey, lemon juice and spices in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Serve with biscuits, breads and corn muffins. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 months.

Recipe makes 4 cups.

Delicious on biscuits. 

Breast Cancer Ribbon            

Save Lids, Save Lives

mapalmer
by on Nov. 11, 2008 at 5:01 AM

I just wanted to let anyone who may not know that using carving pumpkins for pie is not a good idea.  They lack taste and will not turn out as well as the darker, smaller pumpkins.  If you are using fresh pumpkin cut in half, remove the seeds and stringy pulp, then peel the rind off of the pumpkin.  What is left is the pumpkin you will use for your recipe.  Cube it and boil it, drain and mash to add to your recipe. 

I know this is not the best tut on the subject but it was a last minute comment.  If you have any questions about using fresh pumpkin just let me know.  I'll help if I can.

toola
by on Nov. 11, 2008 at 5:40 AM

Quoting sunnymum:

I made these pumpkin pie snickerdoodle bars this week, and they were very yummy, even without the addition of the white chocolate drizzle. They are really heavy though, so maybe next time, I would try making only half of the cookie layer. I think it would be just as good.

the Dozen Flours link you posted has such cool desserts - just added it to my bookmarks... thanks!

artC1s
by on Nov. 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Yum! I am going to try this.

Quoting valliegirl:

Super Easy Weight Watchers Pumpkin Cake

1 box Spice cake mix

1 15oz can of pumpkin

Mix together (it will be difficult...give your mixer a work out)

Bake at 350 for about 25-30 min (until toothpick comes out clean)

Serve by iteself or store bought cream cheese icing! 

If you're a WW it's approx 1 point a piece!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)