Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yummy Pumpkin Recipes!!! Share your pumpkin recipes here!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a huge fan of fall, Halloween, and all things harvest! I love the sweet aroma of pumpkin bread baking in my kitchen.

The pumpkin is the symbol for the season and there are so many great recipes out there for sweet and savory pumpkin dishes.  I am providing a link to some great pumpkin based treats, but I would really love for you all to share your favorite pumpkin recipes here!

by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM
Replies (41-50):
michiganmom116
by on Nov. 12, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 c. flour

2 Tbsp. granulated sugar

4 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

4 eggs, beaten

1 c. pumpkin

1 1/2 c. milk

1/4 c. margarine, melted

Mix all dry ingredients together, then add the rest of the ingredients.  Stir until mixed.  Cook on griddle and serve.

I made these this morning and the kids loved them!  Not a lot of pumpkin flavor, but they are moist and tender and tasty!

britters1
by on Nov. 13, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:

• 3 eggs
  • 1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
  • 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cups Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, you may substitute 1/2 teaspoon EACH ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 pint (1 cup) light cream, you may substitute half and half
  • (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust

Directions: Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs. Beat in pumpkin, sugars, peanut butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Gradually add light cream, beating until blended; pour into pie crust. Bake 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. On wire rack, let cool. Garnish, if desired, with whipped cream

momof325
by on Nov. 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM

I discovered this just a month ago.. and this IS the best thing ever!... I cant wait til thanksgiving to share with my family..  Yum! It is a must try recipe!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese

1 c. cooked pumpkin

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

8 oz. Cool Whip

Blend 1st 4 ingredients together, fold in the Cool Whip.  Put in graham cracker crust and chill until set.

Stephanie, scarecrow

Wife to a FREEMASON and a mother of 3 BOYS...

artC1s
by on Nov. 14, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Quoting AprilSheree72:

This year, I came up with a EASY fix pumpkin CAKE recipe. I usually make just pumpkin breads and pies but wanted to find more to do with this gourd....so I just went in to my pantry and threw this one together....it turned out great!

Take a box of Spice Cake mix and use only 2 eggs and cut the oil and water into half that the box tells to add.....then add the canned pumpkin and back as usual! I had gotten the mold from Walmart that make pumpkin shaped muffins....I don't suggest using this...these cake is REALLY moist, so it does not hold shape well...but put on some cream cheese icing dyed orange and some of those candy shaped like pumpkins. great little halloween CAKE ....it's not a pie or a bread...but a cake!  It is all gone and know I will have to make some more for Halloween!

EASY.....I love going into my pantry and throwing this or that together and see what I can make! This one worked out great...not all of them work! LOL

I made this, forgot to cut the egg and liquid quatities but it turned out perfect anyway. I baked it for more like 43 minutes at 350. Thanks for this.

Pasta19
by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 9:54 AM

pumpkin pie  PUMPKIN CRUNCH PIE

This recipe makes 2 pies.

1 box of Pillsbury white cake mix

1 12oz can of evaporated milk

3 eggs

1 1/2 cup sugar

4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice

1/2 tsp salt

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup (2sticks) melted butter

2 Pillsbury pre-made pie crusts

Put your pie crust into the pie plates.Beat all ingredients, except melted butter and white cake mix, until smooth. Pour the batter into the pie plate. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of each pie mixture. Then take the melted butter and drizzle on top of the cake mix evenly. Put into preheated oven of 350 degrees and bake for 50-55 min until golden brown on top. 

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Pasta19
dollface7376
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 1:54 PM

This is an awesome savory recipe!

Pumpkin Gnocchi With Sage Butter

Be careful not to overwork or overknead the dough; you simply want to incorporate the flour into the pumpkin puree

Ingredients:

• 1 (15 oz.) Can Pumpkin Puree (drain excess water)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Dash Of Nutmeg
  • 2 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
  • 6-7 Finely Chopped Sage Leaves
  • 1 Large Clove Garlic, Minced
  • Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

1. Mix together the flour, pumpkin and seasonings to make a soft dough.
  2. Add additional flour if the dough is sticky or does not hold together.
  3. Divide the dough into 6 parts, and on a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a rope about 1 inch in diameter.
  4. Cut the rope into 1 inch pieces and roll each lightly along the floured surface.
  5. Continue using up all the dough in this fashion. Place on a lightly floured baking sheet. You can refrigerate the gnocchi until you are ready to cook them.

Sauce:

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a slow boil.
  2. Place the butter in a small saucepan and heat.
  3. Add the garlic and sage.
  4. Cook the gnocchi in lightly salted boiling water for until the gnocchi rise to the surface and float.
  5. Remove from the water, mix with the butter sage sauce, and serve topped with the freshly grated cheese.
drinkme8184
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Well now you know girls!!!  And I 100% reccomend baking with pumpkin, it is the best!!!!!  I love pumpkin anything!!  Pumpkin cheesecake is my favorite.   The other day I made pumpkin pancakes.  Awesome.

Quoting sburst:

dont feel stupid i had no clue also...lol

Quoting melissa1983:

At the risk of sounding stupid I had NO idea what could be made with pumpkins! other than carving them and baking the seeds to eat! Im in shock! lol Sorry I have no cool stuff to share but Im going to be trying out alot of this stuff this year!

Bradensmommy719
by on Aug. 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM

the smaller pumpkins are usually called sweet pumpkins, i bake them then puree it, it freezes really well! pumpkin was my sons first solid food and loved it this way! then all you have to do is measure it out and use it. i like it better than canned pumpkin! good luck ladies lots of yummy recipes!

Quoting mapalmer:

I just wanted to let anyone who may not know that using carving pumpkins for pie is not a good idea.  They lack taste and will not turn out as well as the darker, smaller pumpkins.  If you are using fresh pumpkin cut in half, remove the seeds and stringy pulp, then peel the rind off of the pumpkin.  What is left is the pumpkin you will use for your recipe.  Cube it and boil it, drain and mash to add to your recipe. 

I know this is not the best tut on the subject but it was a last minute comment.  If you have any questions about using fresh pumpkin just let me know.  I'll help if I can.

Crystal750
by on Aug. 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=28205

This is a favorite of ours. I made up a bunch of these last year to give out with gifts.  Also I suggest using 1/2 wheat flour. It gives it a nice nuttyness that really goes well in the recipe.  That's the only way I make it.

assistantscm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Thank you so much I copied like everyone of these recipes I love making my home festive and full of fabulous smells for holidays and well everyday and these are a life saver. Keep sharing I really need lots of ideas and fun for my family.

P.S Please post some Halloween craft ideas too. I need some things for my kids to do lol.  =)

Thank you Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN