Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yummy Pumpkin Recipes!!! Share your pumpkin recipes here!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a huge fan of fall, Halloween, and all things harvest! I love the sweet aroma of pumpkin bread baking in my kitchen.

The pumpkin is the symbol for the season and there are so many great recipes out there for sweet and savory pumpkin dishes.  I am providing a link to some great pumpkin based treats, but I would really love for you all to share your favorite pumpkin recipes here!

by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM
Replies (51-60):
foxyloxy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM

bump to check back later! Yummy!

jspara
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Thanks for the bump.  Wow ladies, can't wait to use these recipes.  I love pumpkin!

barfydoogin
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:36 AM

bump for later

calebsmommy414
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Quoting melissa1983:

At the risk of sounding stupid I had NO idea what could be made with pumpkins! other than carving them and baking the seeds to eat! Im in shock! lol Sorry I have no cool stuff to share but Im going to be trying out alot of this stuff this year!

hey i also named my son Caleb he was born April 2004 lol

Mrs.Bolin
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:50 AM

i am also excited to try some of these recipes. Mmmm

moonsdust
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM

this sound good .

Quoting michiganmom116:

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese

1 c. cooked pumpkin

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

8 oz. Cool Whip

Blend 1st 4 ingredients together, fold in the Cool Whip.  Put in graham cracker crust and chill until set.

Bradensmommy719
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

for the ladies that bumbed for later you can add a shortcut to this post. it shows up on your homepage for easy access. i did and i love that it is right where i can find it. good luck!

Quoting foxyloxy:

bump to check back later! Yummy!

leesamarie78
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I made this pumpkin dips before.. my family love it..

Sweet Pumpkin dip

2 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened

4 C. powdered sugar

1 can (30 oz)  pumpkin pie filling mix

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. ground ginger

Gingersnap cookie or graham cracker cookies..

Mix cream cheese and powered sugar in a large bowl. blend in pie filling and spices; cover and chill. serve with gingersnap cookies for dipping... makes about 9 cupes..

** this is so yummy! it freezes well, so save any extra to enjoy later...

Pumpkin pie cheesecake spread

1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened

2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp. maple flavoring

vanilla wafers.

Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy; set aside. Combine brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; stir into cream cheese. add flovering; stir until well blended. serve with vanilla wafers. makes about one cup.

SewAwesome
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Ginger -pumpkin soup

2 tablespoons walnut oil or cooking oil

3/4 cup chopped shallots

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

4 cups chicken broth

1/2 cup apple cider

1 15- or 16-ounce can pumpkin

1/3 cup pure maple syrup

2 bay leaves

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

1 cup half-and-half or whipping cream

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Whipping cream (optional)

Fresh thyme (optional)

1. In a 3-quart saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add the shallots, onion, and ginger; cook until tender. Stir in the flour. Carefully add the chicken broth and cider all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the pumpkin, maple syrup, bay leaves, dried thyme, cinnamon, pepper, and cloves. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.

2. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaves. Cool slightly. Pour one-fourth to one-third of mixture into a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Repeat with remaining mixture until all is processed.* Return the mixture to the saucepan. Stir in the 1 cup half-and-half or whipping cream and the vanilla. Heat through, but do not boil. Ladle into soup bowls. If desired, swirl a little whipping cream into each serving; garnish with fresh thyme. Makes 8 to 10 appetizer servings.

My all time favorite! 

VTMommaX3
by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 7:43 AM
Make sure you get a baking pumpkin from your grocery store...don't try to cook regular carving pumpkins...

Quoting sburst:

dont feel stupid i had no clue also...lol

Quoting melissa1983:

At the risk of sounding stupid I had NO idea what could be made with pumpkins! other than carving them and baking the seeds to eat! Im in shock! lol Sorry I have no cool stuff to share but Im going to be trying out alot of this stuff this year!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)