Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some Crafts for Halloween

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 10:37 AM
  • 30 Replies
  • 4339 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 10:43 AM

I make these, and put them on my kitchen counter with a string of white lights in the back...I have to make 4 since I have 4 kids (they each claim one).  I have customized them for Christmas into snowmen, and Easter into bunnies.

Milk Jug Ghosts

HappyMomto1
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Those are so cute!  How did you make them?

Quoting Angela4boys:

I make these, and put them on my kitchen counter with a string of white lights in the back...I have to make 4 since I have 4 kids (they each claim one).  I have customized them for Christmas into snowmen, and Easter into bunnies.

Milk Jug Ghosts

Angela4boys
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 6:23 AM

Directions for ghosts:

Clean plastic gallon milk jugs
Black permanent marker
Craft knife
String of 50 clear low-wattage holiday lights

Time needed: Under 1 Hour

1. Draw ghost eyes and mouths on the jugs. Tip: Leave the caps on while you do this, so the jugs don't dent.

2. Use the craft knife to cut a half-dollar-size hole in the back of each jug (a parent's job).

3. Arrange the ghosts near each other and string the lights between them, stuffing several bulbs into each of the jugs.

**I put mine on the kitchen counter, but they also look cute up walkways and in planters.  You can use either the clear jugs or the white ones, works either way, just a slightly different effect.  Oh, and I use 100 light string and 4 jugs.

bmamaever
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 6:02 PM

I thought these were really cute also.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Milk Jug Ghosts

chamorrita
by on Oct. 2, 2008 at 3:57 PM

So cute...Thanks for sharing!!!

luvbeingamom1
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 8:58 PM

That is such a good idea!trick or treat

mrsbd
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 3:26 PM

The milkjug ghost are really cute what changes do you make to make snowmen and easter bunnies?

mrsbd
mybabiesRmywrld
by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I'd like to know too?

Quoting mrsbd:

The milkjug ghost are really cute what changes do you make to make snowmen and easter bunnies?

SweetCandyGirl
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 10:24 AM

This is such  a cute Idea, I can not wait to do this with my daughter. I think we have a clear milk jug in the fridge now, Adorable an so original! If I can round up 3, I may make one for each of us! Mom, Dad & her lol

chelle316
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 11:34 AM

I so love that milk jug idea, it is so cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)