Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some Crafts for Halloween

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (21-30):
angie
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I just made those lights today, but I made 2 pumpkins as well. I used 2 clear plastic juice bottles, painted them orange with crayola kids finger paint, I used a brush though. And when they dried I painted faces on with black paint. Leave a space at the top for some green paint for a stem and that's all there was to it! pumpkins for my boys, ghosts for me and daddy!

Adorablemomma
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Another idea  for the ghosts, if you want them to glow, fill them with water, and add the indide of a highlighter markerto the water, which ever color you prefer. them turn on a black light. i used to do this to the bottles i had in my room as a teenager. looks kinda cool. good luck

AngelaRosenthal
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 8:52 PM

thats such a cute idea

Quoting AmberGeesey:

We made this year's Halloween cards using my 18 month old's footprint as a ghost.  I'm also doing a scrapbook page with the same idea but it's going to be a family cemetery with daddy, Max's, and my footprints.  Here's the card:

inside:

medicmomof2
by on Oct. 25, 2008 at 7:07 PM

My family and I have been making those foam pumpkins from Wal-Mart. My 4 year old daughter has has so much fun with them. They come with pre-pasted cut outs of eyes and noses and mouths. And some glitter glue. I bought fall colored stars to put on them too. We have hung them all over the house.

image source  skem9comobsession

Purple loving, bean hating, mojito drinking, lifesaving, caffeine addicted, paper crafting, child wrangling, napping, working mom of 2.

FlattMama2
by on Oct. 27, 2008 at 12:05 AM

I made some of these after I saw your dirrections and everyone that has came into my home has thought they were so adorable.  So thanks so much for the cute idea.  It was so much fun and so easy.  Thanks again!!!

Quoting Angela4boys:

I make these, and put them on my kitchen counter with a string of white lights in the back...I have to make 4 since I have 4 kids (they each claim one).  I have customized them for Christmas into snowmen, and Easter into bunnies.

Milk Jug Ghosts

mixedmedia
by on Oct. 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Here is a Jack-o-lantern idea to do with kids.  I'm making a turkey version for Thanksgiving too.  Easy decoupage is great even for toddlers.  My kids love to look at them with a flameless votive inside.

Instructions are at www.craftplayground.com/recycled-art.html

taylor05ann
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Quoting AmberGeesey:

We made this year's Halloween cards using my 18 month old's footprint as a ghost.  I'm also doing a scrapbook page with the same idea but it's going to be a family cemetery with daddy, Max's, and my footprints.  Here's the card:

inside:

That is freaken adorable

Connorstar
by on Oct. 31, 2008 at 10:41 AM

If you have paper towels, twist ties, and plastic bags you can make ghosts! I made some last year sorry no pics

take the paper towel and put a pin in the middle (this is what you will hang the ghost by

make sure the sharp part of the pin is out and ball up the plastic bag in the mid of the paper towel and close the towel um around the bag....there will be extra paper towel parts hanging...you might need to make the plastic bag tight so you have extra towelness.

use the twist tie to keep the plastic bag in and use a black marker to make a face for the little ghostie....and pin to the wall or wherever!

these are cute and easy and pretty much free. I hope I explained this good enough for you ladies!

</font></a> alt <a<a= =
Monica_Marie
by on Oct. 31, 2008 at 12:06 PM

THIS IS A TUTU THAT I MADE FOR MY DAUGHTER'S HALLOWEEN COSTUME AND THESE ARE THE WINGS THAT I MADE

TinyViolets
by on Nov. 1, 2008 at 11:12 AM

The tutu and wings are fabulous!!! How do you make the wings?! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)